Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

@Wcrockett

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nziemann
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same problem too, I’m spending $10 bucks a month just on batteries for this darn remote. Any fixes??

i have switched to wall power and it’s made little difference, still changing within a week at best. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Teamrev
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am to the point that I just leave the back off the remote and pull one battery out when I am not using. Sucks but at least I am not putting new batteries in all the time. I have remotes for other things that I haven't had to put batteries in for over a year and they still work. I have no idea why roku's remotes go thru batteries, especially since mine mostly remain un-powered except on weekends.

dlm3

Jump to solution

I bought my Roku 3800R streaming stick 5/2019 and everything has worked fine until the last two battery changes. All of a sudden batteries only last 7 to 10 days and then have to be replaced. The Roku stick is plugged into an HDMI port on my TV using a 110/120V wall plug for power.

What's the fix?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Nziemann @Teamrev @dlm3

Thanks for the posts.

Please reply here with the serial number/device ID of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bobogao
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue where my remote drains the batteries in 1-2 weeks, I have to constantly change batteries. So frustrating...

0 Kudos
bobogao
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, my Roku soundbar serial number is YL002X827474, TCL Roku TV serial number is YN00Y9304259. the remote drains batteries in 1-2 weeks. The remote came with the soundbar.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @bobogao

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

Furthermore, please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. If you are also experiencing battery drain with your TCL Roku TV remote, we would recommend reaching out to their support team to report the issue and get help. 

You can contact them here: https://support.tcl.com/us or at 1-877-300-8837.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Nziemann
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

thanks for the reply,

my serial is YH000E763402

device ID is: 213090763402

any help would be appreciated, thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response @Nziemann

For your Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810X), we have released an update to your remote that we believe will address the issue you are experiencing. Please perform a system restart from your Roku device. This will update your remote to the latest version. To do this, go to Settings > System > System Restart. After you perform the system update, continue to use your device as normal and monitor the remote battery percentage listed under Settings > Remotes > About

Additionally, if you had moved your Roku device power source to a wall outlet to help address this problem, you may now reconnect the USB cable to your TV's USB port if preferred.

Please let us know if you notice any improvements in battery life or if the issue is persisting.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos