Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KD4MNI
Binge Watcher

Voice remote pro won't charge

Jump to solution

We're having the same dead battery issues other Roku users have mentioned. We bought 6 of these expensive Roku Voice Remote Pro units (not to mention our large collection of older battery-draining Roku remotes). We were hoping to finally be done with replacing drained AA batteries, but only 1 of our 6 USB remotes will still take a charge. To add to our frustration, the Roku website is very carefully designed to prevent any attempt to contact Roku support. I finally broke down and checked this Roku Community forum, assuming that many other Roku users must be experiencing similar issues.

How can we get these 6 expensive Roku remotes repaired/replaced?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice remote pro won't charge

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

Here are a few things to consider when charging the Roku Voice Remote Pro:

• To charge it, connect the small, micro-USB end of the USB charging cable to the charging port on your remote, and connect the other end to a standard USB power adapter.
  • The status light (on the back of your remote) flashes slowly when charging and changes to solid green.
  • A full charge takes roughly 3 hours and lasts approximately 2 months under normal use.
  • Heavy private listening use drains the battery more quickly.
  • Your voice remote can be used while charging if necessary.
  • Make sure you are using the cable that came with the remote and that you tried using a different power adapter and power outlet.

If the issue still persists with the Roku Voice Remote Pro not holding a charge, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device that is paired with the Roku remote so we can assist further.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

109 REPLIES 109
ShannonBrown
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I love the other Roku products but this is ridiculous. They will ask you for model and serial number and then do nothing about it like for the rest of us. Take no responsibility for putting out a faulty product. Too bad because I'm on board with Roku otherwise. Even been suggesting them above Apple TV products until now. Good luck.

dadylnglgr

Jump to solution

This is what I did, and haven't had a problem since. Plug and unplug the cord rapidly 10 or 15 times, be sure the light comes on then pull the cord out, did that several t8mes, the remote has been charging and holding a charge with no issues so far. Hope this helps.

Tags (2)

Jump to solution

My fairly new roku pro voice remote will not hold its charge, no matter how long I charge it.  In fact it will not go above 10% worked beautifully for a few weeks now it will not charge. No easy way to "in warranty"  replace batteries if it eaven has replacable batteriies. I don't want to pull it apart but foe the money I paied the remote should work perfect. And that is a fact 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Ganesh_Paspulet,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device that is paired with your Roku Voice Remote Pro so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
megan_91
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, 

yes it came in a pack with my roku 4K. Where can I find the serial number/ID number? I can see MAC address, firmware version, voice capture FW, and model. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @megan_91,

Thanks for following up.

You can find the serial number by going to Settings > System > About

You can learn more at: How to find the serial number or device ID for your Roku device | Official Roku Support

Once we have this, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
megan_91
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Serial number X010005YUJN4

0 Kudos
TorrentFiend
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I posted my experience with the remote not charging for me as well. I also posted the MAC address of the device that currently will not charge. Patiently waiting for someone from Roku to help assist me with a way I can perhaps get a replacement remote since I bought it and cannot charge it. Please help Roku. I would prefer to resolve it privately if possible instead of putting the serial number on the public thread but any assistance at the moment would be appreciated.

snarevox
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i wonder if @RokuDanny-R knows irene has been using his account to field tech support questions?

0 Kudos