Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danole
Reel Rookie

Roku voice remote non-functional

Remote suddenly is completely non-functioning. While surfing YT TV, I got stuck on the menu screen, no response from the remote. I have replaced the batteries – no change. I have followed the "unplug power, replug power, remove and replace the batteries" option – no change. I have attempted to pair using the button on the back inside of the battery cover – no change. No lights, flashing or otherwise ever appear.

This is barely a 3 month old Stick and Remote. WiFi checked, and is functioning. What are my next steps, options? Has Roku completely left this up to me to solve? Should I ask for a replacement remote? How do I do that?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku voice remote non-functional

Hi, @Danole

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear about the experience you had with the Roku remote, and we'd be more than glad to assist. Kindly send us a PM here in the Roku Community so we can attend to your concerns.

We hope to hear back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Danole
Reel Rookie

PM?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for getting back to us, @Danole

Please check your inbox since we've reached you from there to assist you. To check a "Private Message", kindly navigate to to the upper left part of your browser interface, and click or tap the "Mail" icon to check for private messages.

Hoping to have further discussions with you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Danole
Reel Rookie

In case you missed this original post:

My Roku remote suddenly is completely non-functioning. While surfing YT TV, I got stuck on the menu screen, no response from the remote. I have replaced the batteries – no change. I have followed the "unplug power, replug power, remove and replace the batteries" option – no change. I have attempted to pair using the button on the back inside of the battery cover – no change. No lights, flashing or otherwise ever appear.

This is barely a 3 month old Stick and Remote. WiFi checked, and is functioning. What are my next steps, options? Has Roku completely left this up to me to solve? Should I ask for a replacement remote? How do I do that?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.