Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DSmith77

Remote control problems causing arguments

I have 2 different roku's. 1 is in living room and the other in my bedroom. Had both for 4 or more years. Just recently the remote in the bedroom has started controlling the one in the living room. It has caused yelling and and hollering when I am in the living room trying to watch my shows and my wife is in the bedroom trying to watch her shows. Why has this all of a sudden happened and please tell me how to stop it so we will have a happy home again.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote control problems causing arguments

You didn't state what model Roku devices you have. Some Rokus have IR remotes that will control any Roku that the IR signal can hit, while others have WiFi remotes that are paired with a specific Roku. If you are using an IR remote, the only thing you can do is ensure the remote can't "see" both Rokus at the same time. IR is line of sight, but can be bounced off of mirrors or other smooth surfaces. 

If both remotes are WiFi, you can go into the Settings/Remote menu and see if somehow the bedroom remote has been paired with the living room Roku. It is possible to have more than one remote programmed for the same Roku, so you can remove the incorrect remote and then it won't control it any longer. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.