Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote pro (2nd edition) not voice command not working

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Jburley2005!

Thank you for sharing your concern about the voice command feature on your Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition). Rest assured that we're here to help you fix this.

We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've tried but no worries! I will work closely with our Support team to provide additional reinforcement in this case. Following this, I will reach out to you privately to gather any further necessary information.

Your continuous patience and understanding as we work on this are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
emilyoka
Reel Rookie

I am having the save exact problem. I just purchased the remote pro 2 in May 2024 and the voice command has stopped working. Nothing seems to fix it. Trying the hints on the support articles and the info in this community doesn't seem to work. Very disappointed. I hope it can be fixed. The other features on the remote work and I am happy with that. It is only the voice manual command and the voice automatic command that does not work.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @emilyoka1

Thank you for letting us know about your issues with the mic button (voice command feature) on your Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition). We'd be happy to help you find the best resolution.

We want to assess your concern better, and it would be great if you could provide us with additional information such as follows:

• When did you first notice that the voice command feature was not working?
  • Did your device recently receive any software update prior to this happening that might have triggered this issue?
  • What specific troubleshooting steps have you taken to try to fix this?

In the meantime, kindly try to reset it by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons for about 20 seconds on your remote.

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
emilyoka
Reel Rookie

I tried the 20 second hold per your instructions and all it did was start to blink the light and then stopped blinking and got caught on a page and would not release the page. It tried several different options such as turning off the roku and turning it back on, pressing different buttons but it was just caught. Finally after pressing everything it would release to "live" but live would not change to any other option except to go back to the caught up page. Then after pressing all kinds of buttons, it finally released but voice still did not work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @emilyoka,

Thanks for the follow-up,

We appreciate you contacting us regarding the issues you are experiencing with your Roku Voice remote pro's voice command feature. We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have taken, and we are pleased to assist you.

Microphone Info

• The microphone is located to the left of the power button (the tiny hole)
  • The new voice remote pros microphone can be triggered by the following
    • Holding down the microphone button (below the down arrow button)
    • By saying ("Hey, Roku)

Roku Voice FAQ 

How to use voice to search and control your Roku streaming device

Troubleshooting Steps

If the microphone is not working, 

1. For hands-free, make sure the button on the left side of the remote is in the "On" position (the button is up and will show green below), and you should say "Hey Roku" clearly. 
  2. For button trigger: Make sure you hold the microphone button when talking. 
  3. Hold the remote closer to your face and trigger either hands-free or a button. 
  4. Restart the Remote
    • This can be done by holding the Back button and the Home button for a full 20 seconds)
  5. Re-pair the remote (Only do this if there is a light when pressing buttons)
  6. Charge the remote: (only do this if the remote is not responding at all)

If the issue persists, we would be happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.