Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mansa

Roku Voice Remote Pro RC701 Rechargable

Jump to solution

Do not buy this remote.  Stops fully charging after a short time of usage and the usage was not excessive.  My remote only charges 35%.

Support services was not helpful and the only solution was the remote was defective and I should purchase a new one.

I will no longer purchase any Roku products.

If anyone else is having this problem...good luck in getting any assistance.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro RC701 Rechargable

Jump to solution

Hi, @2krazy.

Thanks for sharing your sentiments and we completely understand your point. We want to provide more information about different Roku remote models. 

We offer remotes with removable batteries for our Roku devices:

• Roku Voice remote - which has a voice button located near the purple directional pad that has either a microphone or a magnifying glass icon. 
  • Roku Players (simple) remote - which is a standard remote that works through IR and is compatible with your Roku Express streaming player. 
  • Roku TV remote - which powers up your Roku TV, adjusts the volume, mutes, and controls your streaming—all with one remote. 

We also offer remotes that you can charge with a micro USB and Type C:

To learn more about this, we have a dedicated website to Compare Roku remotes. 

Furthermore, regarding your defective Roku remote, please inform us here or you may speak with one of our live representatives through our Support website using the Return/Replace category. 

Nevertheless, we hope this information helps, and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know as we'd be happy to be of assistance anytime. 

Happy Streaming!
Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

My Voice Remote Pro has NEVER charged fully to 100%. The most I will get is 96% and it won't stay there long, within a couple hours it's already in the low 90% and by the next day or so in the 80%. It won't fully charge and it won't stay charged. I don't plug in headphones for private listening and I keep Hands Free Voice turned off, so there is no excuse for this.

The rechargeable batteries inside the remotes are cheap junk, you are better off with the remotes you put batteries in yourself, and even those ones can be battery killers! Pretty much all Roku remotes are trash except the simple IR ones.

0 Kudos
FranklinJ
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My Roku Pro RC917 has never fully charged. It also locks up often with screen freeze and reboots the TV. 

I have 5 Roku Ultra units and a Roku TV. So I have lots of experience when Roku does it right. I never have problems when I use my IPhone as a remote. Has anyone had problems that required the base unit replaced? My primary model is 4802X Roku Ultra. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users!

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We have requested a Roku remote replacement for you. Please wait for it to arrive. @Emissary35.

We'd like to further assist you with your Roku remote, @FranklinJ

Have you tried using a different micro USB charger or cable? Have you tried a different adapter and power outlet?

In the meantime, please try to reboot your remote. If your rechargeable voice remote has a pairing button, press and hold the pairing button on the back of the remote for 20 seconds. If your rechargeable voice remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Back and Home buttons for 20 seconds.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuEuniceL Thank you for the replacement remote. I received it on March 27th.

0 Kudos
2krazy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku needs remake these remotes with removable batteries and A type C charging port and find out what’s draining and what’s causing the batteries to charge correctly! But my biggest issues are: 1. Roku made these remotes disposable because they cannot be taken apart and have new batteries placed in them. 2. Roku won’t take responsibility that they sold a defective remote and Recall these remotes. (Roku Do Better!)

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @2krazy.

Thanks for sharing your sentiments and we completely understand your point. We want to provide more information about different Roku remote models. 

We offer remotes with removable batteries for our Roku devices:

• Roku Voice remote - which has a voice button located near the purple directional pad that has either a microphone or a magnifying glass icon. 
  • Roku Players (simple) remote - which is a standard remote that works through IR and is compatible with your Roku Express streaming player. 
  • Roku TV remote - which powers up your Roku TV, adjusts the volume, mutes, and controls your streaming—all with one remote. 

We also offer remotes that you can charge with a micro USB and Type C:

To learn more about this, we have a dedicated website to Compare Roku remotes. 

Furthermore, regarding your defective Roku remote, please inform us here or you may speak with one of our live representatives through our Support website using the Return/Replace category. 

Nevertheless, we hope this information helps, and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know as we'd be happy to be of assistance anytime. 

Happy Streaming!
Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos