Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kionlua

Roku TV working but not the Roku Remote?

Hello! My dad bought a Roku TV years ago around 2018-2019. The TV came with its own Roku Remote. The remote lately hasn't been working. I need to press hard on the buttons for them to do anything, and sometimes it doesn't do anything. Is there a way I can replace the remote without having to replace the TV? I know some people buy the remote (with a roku stick) separately at stores, but I don't know if those work/can connect to my TV. If anyone has any suggestions, thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV working but not the Roku Remote?

Any of the voice remotes would work with the TV, but they have to be paired and you may need a working remote to go through the process (or factory reset the TV).  You can get the Roku TV remote from Roku for about 10 bucks.  It's similar to the TV's original remote.  Another alternative is to get a universal remote that supports Roku TVs.

Roku TV Remote | Replacement Remote For Roku TV | Roku

For voice remotes (also available in some stores):

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

Note that the "simple" remote for Roku players won't work with TVs.  "Simple" implies no voice feature and it has to be pointed at the TV unlike the voice remotes.  The only "simple" remote that works with TVs is the one linked to above.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.