Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku 4 remote eats batteries like mad, now the batteries only ladt 2 days

Jump to solution

@Eddie_T

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Choppy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply 

Roku has replaced my remote,everything is great,thank you

TGladd

Jump to solution

I too am having Roku Remotes eat batteries like mad, about every two weeks, I have to install fresh batteries. That' with very very lite use of the Roku Remote. This is ridiculous. How can I get replacement Roku remotes?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TGladd,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you're having this experience. Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LincolnX

Jump to solution

I work as a big tech engineer. It is a bad assumption to believe the remote is "eating batteries" as a hardware power consumption malfunction and not intentionally refusing to operate based on a fake "dead battery" report due to software programming.

It is not a warranty issue if the product was intentionally designed to "malfunction" this way in order to coerce unnecessary replacements and upgrades. That is a consumer rights issue. It would not be the first time a prominent tech company was caught falsely reporting battery capacity in order to stimulate sales.

Sadly I do not have the resources to know this for certain, but trend data in consumer reports paints a clear picture something is not right here.

0 Kudos