Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brianmjk94

Westinghouse Roku TV Remote Connect Help

Hi,

I have a Westinghouse Roku TV and the physical remote stopped working with the TV, so I started using the remote app. Now, the app will never connect to my TV, it won't even find it discoverable. I know the TV and the mobile phone have to be connected to the same internet connection, but I have no way of connecting my TV to the internet right now. Is there any way to fix this?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Westinghouse Roku TV Remote Connect Help

If your TV remote stopped working maybe you can get Roku to send you a replacement for it. The Roku remotes are widely known to have many issues. If it's a new TV you just got and the remote died then that is totally unacceptable and you definitely deserve to get a new remote for free. I don't know what's up with these Roku remotes but the issues are so bad they should be recalled and redesigned.

0 Kudos
pcenteno

Having the same issue. Thinking I might have to buy a new remote.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@pcenteno@brianmjk94 -

The infrared (IR) remotes for Roku TV's from other manufacturers than Roku (Westinghouse in this case) are made by the TV manufacturers, not Roku, so Roku does not supply direct replacements for them.

You can find replacement IR Roku TV remotes on Amazon, eBay, Walmart, and other retailers, at fairly low cost.  All Roku TVs respond to the same set of IR control codes which makes Roku TV remotes from different manufacturers, including third party manufacturers, essentially interchangeable.  Just be sure they explicitly say they are for Roku TVs, not Roku devices, since Roku TVs and Roku devices use different sets of control codes.

Or if you want to go the Cadillac route, both versions of Roku Voice Remotes control by WiFi instead of IR, are compatible with Roku TVs, and can (must, actually) be linked to them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos