Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ljf25403
Reel Rookie

Remote IR control is working, the IR receiver is not working

I have TCL 55S423TCAA and neither IR remotes will work the TV, and I know the remotes are working fine. The TV is not acknowledging any IR signals and the IR sensor is not being blocked and nothing has changed in the environment. The TV does respond to phone app when I installed one and I checked settings and updates, so everything is fine there. I am electronic savy and know how to repair electronics down to board level repair. Anyone have suggestions, is it a module inside the TV that can be easily replaced or any schematics. I don't know if the IR detector has gone bad or the circuit it is tied to.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote IR control is working, the IR receiver is not working

I've taken several TVs apart over the years and the IR receiver is generally located on a tiny circuit board with the switches (or the one and only switch on newer TVs) and power light/LED.  You may be able to get a part number off of it and find a replacement on ebay or you can try to just replace the IR photodiode (receiver) that's a small 2-pin device.  You can probably find them on Amazon or for pennies from China.  If you're really ambitious, you could even test the one that's in there now.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.