Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flydiscovery
Reel Rookie

Remote won't stay paired to streaming stick 3800x

Jump to solution

I have a streaming stick 3800X that won't stay connected to a voice remote. I even bought a new remote and it forgets it within minutes of re-pairing. None of the existing threads have any actual answers.

Software 12.0.0:4186

Thanks.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote won't stay paired to streaming stick 3800x

Jump to solution

Hi @Flydiscovery,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We know that you're wondering why your Roku remote will not stay connected to your Roku streaming stick. No worries, help is here. Please check out this support article here on how to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Flydiscovery,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We'll be happy to help you further with the Roku remote issue that you're experiencing. Please be advised that since your Roku remote will not stay connected to your Roku device, we suggest requesting an HDMI extender on our website and see if the problem has been resolved. In the meantime, you can use the Roku mobile app as an alternative remote on your Roku device while waiting on the HDMI extender.

Please check out this website for instructions on how to request a HDMI extender.

If the issue still persists, please let us know.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Flydiscovery,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We know that you're wondering why your Roku remote will not stay connected to your Roku streaming stick. No worries, help is here. Please check out this support article here on how to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Flydiscovery
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi. Unfortunately the problem still persists after many, many attempts at pairing. Any ideas? It pairs successfully but then the Roku forgets it after 5-10 minutes. Very frustrating.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Flydiscovery,

Thanks for the update!

We'd like to see more options available to you. Could you tell us if this is the remote that is included with your device?

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Flydiscovery
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes. I also bought a new remote and the same thing happens so the trouble always to be with the streaming stick versus the actual remote.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Flydiscovery,

Thanks for your prompt response!

Could you share with us when you started seeing the issue occur? How are you powering your device? Is it connected directly to a wall outlet or to a USB port on your TV? Have you also tried factory resetting your device to see if the issue persists?

Let us know. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Flydiscovery
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So I bought the new remote in mid July of 2023 and I had been having trouble with the original remote for probably 2 months (approximately) before that. The Roku is, and has always been, powered through a USB port on the TV to prevent overheating. 

The only thing I haven't tried yet is the factory reset because it's so onerous to get it back up, functional, and logged in to all my apps. I am willing to try if there's actual reason to think it will work and not just "let's try everything", but cranky about having to spend hours resetting everything.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Flydiscovery,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We'll be happy to help you further with the Roku remote issue that you're experiencing. Please be advised that since your Roku remote will not stay connected to your Roku device, we suggest requesting an HDMI extender on our website and see if the problem has been resolved. In the meantime, you can use the Roku mobile app as an alternative remote on your Roku device while waiting on the HDMI extender.

Please check out this website for instructions on how to request a HDMI extender.

If the issue still persists, please let us know.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.