Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote stops working even with new batteries.

Jump to solution

Hi, @SiSiResoKlein 

It's always great to see new users around here in the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having an issue with your Roku remote that stopped working, and we appreciate your efforts in the attempt to resolve this. In our efforts to assist you, kindly follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue regarding your remote.

Re-pair your voice remote to your streaming device

Put your streaming device in pairing mode:

1. Remove the power cable from your streaming device
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds
  3. Re-connect the power cable
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power on, and the Home screen to appear on your TV screen
  5. Within 30 seconds of seeing the Home screen on your TV screen, put your voice remote into pairing mode

Put your voice remote in pairing mode:

1. Press and hold the pairing button on your voice remote for 20 seconds. The status light should slowly flash green, stop, and then flash rapidly. When this happens, release the pairing button and your remote will restart.
  2. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash. If the light does not flash, charge your remote.
  3. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your streaming device.

Once your streaming device and remote are connected, the pairing dialog will appear on your TV screen.

Please keep us posted on how this works.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SiSiResoKlein
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don’t have a voice pairing option, I think I have an older Roku device. Mine doesn’t even have volume buttons on it so I have to use a different tv remote for the volume. It still doesn’t work though and I don’t know what else to do. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for letting us know, @SiSiResoKlein.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. No worries! We'd be more than happy to help you utilize your Roku remote again. 

In this case, we will be requesting more personal details through PM so kindly check your inbox as we will send you a message. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NotInsane
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Reader's digest version: My remote acts like if I don't press a button within a few minutes of successfully using it, it automatically deactivates itself, only to be reactivated when I pull out one of the batteries and re-install it.

Detailed version:

Time for me to join. I just bought a 3941rw2 Roku Express 4K+ to replace the failing WI-FI in my LG smart TV. The Roku device works great, even for controlling my TV with the Roku remote (voice activated type) - except for one problem - It "times out". That is, it works until I put it down for a few minutes, and then it acts like the battery is dead. 

I've tried all the troubleshooting options offered on your site and have even replaced the batteries.

There is a solution that works, but it's not acceptable: Every time I have not handled the remote for a while and it's stopped working, I remove the back and disconnect one of the batteries just for a second, and push it back in. The green light in the battery compartment gives a couple of anemic flashes and then when I press any remote button, the light goes green and the remote works - for a while. then I have to do it again the next time I use the remote, unless it's only been a few minutes since the last time I pressed a button.

BTW, "about" says my batteries are at 88%

Any thoughts? Everything works great other than this issue.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

For us to proceed with the appropriate action to resolve this, could you please send us a private message with your current shipping address and phone number?
To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Note: Depending on your role in the community, you might be able to send a message to a group of users based on their role or rank in the community. If so, you can choose a role or a rank.
  6. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  7. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  8. Click Send Message.
  9. You can look for the messages you've sent in the Sent tab.

To learn more about how to send a private message, click this community link: Help: Roku Community
We'll be anticipating it!

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NotInsane
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just a follow up. Roku got in touch with me and we did some sluthing. It turned out my >= button was jammed in some way. That is, though it was sticking out just like the rest of the buttons, it didn't have that nice thunk when you pressed it. It felt "solid".

I got surprised with a new remote in the mail a day later. It works fantastic!

This is the first time I ever got involved in a product forum and actually got such satisfaction. Especially on such a low cost item. I have great respect for Roku. They've earned it!

0 Kudos
bhd

Jump to solution

new batteries wont work at all in bedroom but works on other roku

0 Kudos
bhd

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
bhd

Jump to solution

roku not responding to any remote ..works on other rooms  try to unplug roku  same response

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bhd,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to learn more about this remote issue and see how we can get you started.

Could you tell us when you started seeing this? How long have you been using this remote?

Also, could you share with us the model number of this remote? This can usually be found at the back of the battery compartment.

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos