Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jjk7788

Roku 4K streaming stick volume buttons not working.

I use a monitor for my 4K streaming Roku stick and the volume never works. I have to connect a speaker with an aux for it to work. I’ve done everything known that I can do to fix this issue. I already went through my settings did the volume control. They asked if I hear music the music never stops when they tell me to try again later or go look online. I can only change the volume if i physically turn it down on the speaker and Im not always gonna want to get out of bed for that. Please help !

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 4K streaming stick volume buttons not working.

Your monitor is speakerless, your outboard speaker doesn't have remote of its own? Of course the Roku remote will never control the volume in that situation, sorry. Roku remotes only control TV volume. That's a TV with speakers of their own and accepts IR remote control signals. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.