Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote burns hot when batteries are replaced

Hi I would like to know what is wrong with my remote as I've had it for a year and just recently when I changed the AAA batteries for it the batteries and the remote got really hot Roku Premiere (4620 series) 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote burns hot when batteries are replaced

Hi @Lexicook430,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with the Roku remote and we'd like to know more about how we can help.

If the back of your Roku remote gets warm or hot during normal use, the rechargeable battery may be damaged or the alkaline batteries may be corroded.

Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DougGraham

My 3 or 4 year old Roku remote goes through AAA batteries about once a month.  Today I replaced both and the batteries and remote became almost too hot to touch.  Why?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DougGraham,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having problems with your remote. Please be advised that we have passed along your information and concern to the Support team who'll reach out and assist you further. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mobabyhomeslice
Reel Rookie

I'm having this same issue! 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mobabyhomeslice,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, and thanks for bringing up this issue with us!

Please be aware that we passed along your information to the Support team. They're the ones who will reach out to you.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ClaireN
Reel Rookie

Just had this same issue. What do you advise please?

0 Kudos
Mobabyhomeslice
Reel Rookie

I contacted customer support and they sent me 3 replacement remotes at no charge! 

0 Kudos
Mobabyhomeslice
Reel Rookie

Contact customer support at https://support.roku.com/category/4403789553943 explain the issue, and they will likely send you a replacement at no charge. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ClaireN,

Greetings!

We sincerely apologize for this experience, and we would be more than glad to assist you with this. Could you please confirm with us what Roku remote are you having issues with?

Let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.