Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WhitIsennock
Reel Rookie

Remote batteries draining every 4 days

Our remote batteries are draining every 4 days (previously every few weeks, which was also annoying but now this is getting worse). The remote model is RC-GZ1, 3226001305.

Serial number of Roku device: X02200JSPKJM

Is there any way that we can get assistance with this? I have tried to find a support phone number or someone to speak with for an hour without any luck. Thank you!

0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote batteries draining every 4 days

Hi @WhitIsennock,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We'd be more than glad to assist you. Could you please tell us more about the battery-draining issue you've experienced with your Roku remote? How often do you use the remote, and what feature is mostly used with it?

Tell us more about this so we can provide direct assistance.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WhitIsennock
Reel Rookie

Hello,

We use the remote daily. We use the remote for the Roku device and to turn the tv on/off and to control the volume. We do not typically use the audio feature on the remote. The Roku is also plugged into an outlet and not getting powered through the TV. 

We are not doing anything differently, the batteries previously lasted about 1 month (we got the Roku in June 2023), but within the last month we have had to replace them 3 times. So the remote is draining the batteries much faster.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @WhitIsennock,

Thank you for informing us!

Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the Support team. They're the ones who will reach out.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WhitIsennock
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuJohnB , I haven't heard from anyone about our remote issue. Do you know how/when we will be contacted? 

Thank you!

Whitney 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for informing us, @WhitIsennock!

Rest assured that we have already contacted our Support team, and a separate email will be sent to you. Kindly keep an eye on your inbox. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Can you please have support contact me as well? I am having the same issue. 

X02500RX67VA

Remote: RC-GZ1   3226001305

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Gspearce421,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with your Roku remote issue.  Since we'll need additional details, could you send us a private message in the Roku Community?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sickntired32
Channel Surfer

I have the same problem, as my remote is going through batteries at an ever increasing rate. Can I get help with this problem, as well? Thank you, Bryan from Nova Scotia, Canada 

0 Kudos
Chad403
Reel Rookie

I purchased 3 of the Roku Express 4k+ devices within a few months of each other and I have the same problem on all 3 voice remotes. The batteries last less than a week and I have to use an older Roku remote and the TV remote to control power and volume. It really defeats the purpose at this point. Is there anything that can be done to resolve this? If I don't find a resolution soon (aside from purchasing 3 new remotes at $20 a pop) I am going to have to look at other streaming device options. Having one remote to control everything is VERY important and it the primary reason I purchased the 3 4k+ devices. 

Please help! 

0 Kudos