Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sickntired32
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote batteries draining every 4 days

Hi Rey,

I just sent Eunice my address and phone number, again, in case it didn't go through, two weeks ago.

Thanks,

Bryan from Nova Scotia, Canada 

0 Kudos
Sickntired32
Channel Surfer

Hi Rey,

I just sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Bryan 

0 Kudos
Timlajcik

I’m experiencing the same issue with my Roku Streaming Stick+. I was suddenly notified it was at 1% battery, replaced the batteries with brand new ones that I tested fresh on a multimeter, cleaned the terminals with a soft cloth (they didn’t look dirty, but I cleaned them anyway), then watched a movie. I didn’t use the remote for a week, then when I tried to use it to watch another movie, the week-old batteries were dead. I store the remote in a wood box so there was nothing pressing on it in the intervening week. Please help. Thank you.

Tim

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community, @Timlajcik!

We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding your remote issues, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Rest assured that we will find you the best resolution possible in the best way we can.

One of the reasons why the remote's battery drains rapidly is because it is not properly paired to the TV. Make sure that when you pair your Roku remote to your TV, a light appears after you press and hold the pairing button for about 3 seconds. If the light doesn't flash, try to pair it again.

Furthermore, try to reset your remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home button simultaneously for about 30 seconds and then re-pair it again, as mentioned above. After doing so, perform a system reboot on your TV by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > System > Power > System restart

Let us know how it goes, and we'll go from there. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos