Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote batteries draining every 4 days

Hi @Sickntired32 @Chad403,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience you have been experiencing with the Roku remote drainage issue. Could you give us more details about the issue you are running into? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to resolve the issue? Does your remote support private listening? If so, how frequently are you using private listening to your Roku remote?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sickntired32
Channel Surfer

Thanks for getting back to me, Chel. I bought the ROKU Express 4K + on June 1st, 2023, on Amazon.ca. I don't know what private listening, is but I live alone, so doubt that I'm using it. I watch TV a fair amount. I am on my 7th pair of batteries. I love the ROKU, and appreciate not having to use the TV remote, but the battery use is not reasonable. My box model number is 3941X, serial number  X016003UUAPE, and my remote is model RC-FA1, serial number is 3226001105. Thank you, Bryan from Nova Scotia, Canada 

0 Kudos
Chad403
Reel Rookie

Hi Chel, 

The few things I have tried are the obvious. I have tried multiple different brands of battery, I have tried unpairing and repairing the remote, I have checked for software updates, I have also even tried pairing the remotes to opposite Roku's. No matter what I do, it burns through the batteries. My remote does not have the private listening jack on it. I use private listening through the app only. If it helps any, the model # for the Roku's is 3941x. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sickntired32, @Chad403,

Thanks for sharing this information with us here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your Roku remote that drains batteries too fast. Please send us a private message so we'll be able to proceed with the necessary steps to address this. To message us, select the name of a user. Once redirected to the profile, select the option "Send this user a private message."
We look forward to you reaching out to us privately.
Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sickntired32
Channel Surfer

Hi Eunice, I just sent you a private messge. Thanks, Bryan 🙂

0 Kudos
Chad403
Reel Rookie

Hi Eunice, 

I sent you a private message last week. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Chad403
Reel Rookie

So, another week has gone by, I have sent 2 private messages (plus my post here) with more than enough information to work towards a resolution and still nothing. I guess it's time to move on to firestick or some other streaming product company who may care about their customers more. Very disappointed. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know @Chad403.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Rest assured that we have already forwarded your concern to our Support team and they will reach you through email. Kindly check your inbox for updates from them. 

In the meantime, we're grateful for your patience and understanding. Please let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sickntired32
Channel Surfer

Hi Carly,

Can you advise the status regarding my same issue. Per her request, I PMed Eunice my address and phone number, two weeks ago, but I haven't heard from her since.

Thanks,

Bryan from Nova Scotia 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sickntired32,

We're sorry for the delay in our solution to your issue. We've sent you a PM previously for additional information. You could check @RokuEuniceL PM. She asked for an additional statement. Or send me a PM of the information asked.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos