Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FJB2020
Streaming Star

Remote Voice Feature Error keeps popping up: "Sorry, unable to receive audio from your remote...."

It isn't the problem.Mine was brand new and did the same thing.They sent another remote even thought I told them it was not the remote.The same thing still is driving me crazy and they do not help at all.They blamed my internet provider.

Labels (1)
37 REPLIES 37
prisonerdrw
Binge Watcher

Re: Remote Voice Feature Error keeps popping up: "Sorry, unable to receive audio from your remote.."

I have a RC834 I bought at Walmart for my Insignia NS-24DR220NA18 1-2 months ago. The vocal commands and reading of the remote via the TV was fine yesterday. Today, I hold down the voice button and nothing happens for 5 seconds, then this pops up (see attachment #1)

"Sorry, unable to receive audio from your remote. If this continues, try pairing your remote again."

The remote is also not being registered by my TV (see attachment #2)

#2: Remote I'm using not being recognized today, was recognized yesterday.#2: Remote I'm using not being recognized today, was recognized yesterday.#1: What happens when I try to use voice button on remote after 5 seconds#1: What happens when I try to use voice button on remote after 5 seconds

First off, I checked for a new update, which my TV hadn't updated yet, but still no change. Restarted TV, then unplugged TV (not doing that again, please, not easy to unplug TV.) I WILL NOT FACTORY RESET TV AT ALL. So don't even attempt it yet.

Oh, by the way, I bought a RC834 for my living room TV and its voice command isn't working either. Could be a coincidence, but I doubt it. This must be on your end. Please fix it.

0 Kudos
Topcatistop
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote Voice Feature Error keeps popping up: "Sorry, unable to receive audio from your remote.."

Hello I have also got the same issue. When I try and use the voice button it says ‘unable to hear you’. The unit is brand new, I’ve only been using for 2 weeks and have enjoyed the voice search function. It just stopped working suddenly. 

I’ve tried repairing the remote, new batteries, factory reset on the Roku stick. Nothing is working. 

This is my first Roku product and I was  originally very pleased with the controller and the Roku user interface design. But this is a real let down. If I can’t get it working I’ll have to return the item to the retailer and try and swap it for an Amazon fire stick instead. 

Model number RC-FA1 serial 3226001242 

Software version 12.50 build 4169

0 Kudos
Hearsawho

I’m having the same problem with my remote and using the microphone.  It’s worked fabulous until now.  Every time I try the voice function, I get the prompt “Sorry, unable to receive audio from your remote.” Or “Press and hold the microphone Burton while you speak.”  I am holding the button. This is the rechargeable Pro remote.  I’ve already done all the trouble shooting suggested with no results.  Can you guide me further please?   

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Hearsawho!

We appreciate you for letting us know about your concern.

In this instance, we will request additional reinforcement from our Support team. Kindly send us a PM here together with the serial number of the Roku player your troubled remote is connected to. To send a PM, kindly select my username, View Profile, and on the right side of the page, select Send this user a private message.
We'll be waiting!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SJMaye
Roku Guru

I had the same problem.   My Roku Ultra had two remotes paired to it.  One remote handled voice commands perfectly.  The other did not.  I tried customer support.  Nothing they suggested worked either.  I finally just bought another remote and I have had no problems since.

0 Kudos
Mars_555
Reel Rookie

The TV I have is a TCL 65S535 and I've had this TV for over a year now. I've recently purchased the "Roku Voice Remote (Official) for Roku Players, Roku Audio, and Roku TV™" and voice control worked for the first hour after setup but has not worked afterwards. All other features on the remote are working. 

1000007070.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @FJB2020

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear about the issue and experiences you've had, and we'll do our best to assist. We'd like to collect further information for us to determine the proceeding actions to take.

• What specific Roku device you are having issues with?
  • What behavior does the issue display?
  • When was the issue first encountered?

With more details, the better we can assist.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FJB2020
Streaming Star

Roku ultra. It pairs up and works and immediately quits working. I bought it from you this year. I have been on the phone with several people from Roku and they finally blamed my internet provider. Nice way to not help. I decided to live without the voice service but what is aggravating is your watching Roku and in the corner of your screen it keeps giving me a message even when you turn it off. It’s annoying. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @FJB2020,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll be more than happy to assist you further. Could you provide us with the serial number of your Roku Ultra? Can you please send us a photo of the error message that you're getting?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                      John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos