Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atrotman1210
Reel Rookie

Rechargeable Roku Remote Issue

Hello, my rechargeable remote for the Roku streaming stick will not work unless plugged into the charger. If I take it off the charger it does nothing as if it’s dead. When I put it on the charger it flashes green fast and says 100% on the screen. Is there a way to fix this? I’ve tried all the solutions on here, but nothing is working. Serial YH007L190683

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Rechargeable Roku Remote Issue

Hello! @atrotman1210,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your reaching out to us regarding your Roku Remote's issue with not holding a charge and for attempting some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. We are happy to help.

• Is this your first time setting up or activating this Roku device?
  • If not, is this the first time you have encountered this issue? When did it start?
  • How long have you been using this remote?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

Troubleshooting:

1. Restart the Remote
    • This can be done by holding the Back button and the Home button for a full 20 seconds)
  2. Re-Pair the remote
  3. Charge the remote
  4. Try a different power adapter/cable to charge

Please keep us informed of any updates, and we will be glad to continue supporting you. 

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atrotman1210
Reel Rookie

Hello, I’ve used the remote for a year or so and the issue began a few months ago. We stopped using it and used the Roku app as our remote. Then I searched for a solution on here and tried to troubleshoot by reseting the remote and Roku stick, changing chargers and allowing it to charge for several hours. It’s charged at 100 percent, but when I take it off the charger it doesn’t respond.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @atrotman1210.

We appreciate the steps you've taken to try and troubleshoot your physical Roku remote. 

In this case, your remote might need a replacement, and since you mentioned that it was purchased a year ago, it is no longer covered under our limited warranty. You may refer to this link for additional information about this: Roku Limited Warranty

In the meantime, we offer replacement remotes here that work well with your Streaming Stick 4K device:

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.