Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote only controls power and volume

My roku (voice roku remote) is not working. It will only turn on the tv and the volume buttons, but nothing else. I tried unplugging and plugging back in, both to the tv and the wall plug. I tried resetting the tv stick part of the roku. I changed the batteries in the remote. I changed the hdmi settings. I tried holding down the home and back to reset the remote. Nothing will happen on the tv and the roku letters never pop up no matter what I do. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote only controls power and volume

@sophiarayne18 wrote:

Nothing will happen on the tv and the roku letters never pop up no matter what I do. 

Are you saying that when you connect the power to the stick you don't get any display on your TV?  If so, it has nothing to do with the remote.  Make sure you're selecting the correct input on your TV.  There should be a light on the stick when you connect the power.  If there's no light, the power source could be faulty or the stick could be dead.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.