Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gregg2

Rechargeable Remote won’t charge or wake up

My remote is asleep and won’t awaken. It seems all the posts state to remove batteries when a system reset doesn’t remedy the problem. However my remote is rechargeable and there are no batteries to remove. The remote has worked fine for about six months then suddenly overnight stopped working. It won’t even charge or respond in any way at all.  Any advice? Thank you 

0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Rechargeable Remote won’t charge or wake up

Hi @Gregg2,

Warm greetings in the Roku Community, and thanks for letting us know about this issue!

We will be happy to help you with your Roku remote problem, as it won't charge or work. Please try to use a different cable to charge your Roku remote. Make sure that you will see a slow flashing light at the back of your Roku remote since that will indicate that the Roku remote is charging. A full charge will take three hours.

Let us know how it works.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I'm having the exact same issue; rechargeable remote has stopped working.. Although it was fully charged, I have tried three different charging cords to no avail. 

Fortunately, I still have my original remote, that came with my TV, SO I'm still able to watch it but, I've only had the rechargeable for about six months and I purchased it directly from you. 

I want replacement or refund.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @randommiscellan,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience you had with the Roku Voice Remote Pro not charging. Kindly be informed that we have forwarded your information to our Support team, who'll reach out to you regarding this issue and assist you further. We recommend keeping an eye on your email address since they will contact you from thereon.

For the time being, we appreciate your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Paulawalla

Me too. I've tried 3 other charges that just won't work. I've only had mine for a year and I would also like a replacement

Seems like there is something wrong in the design.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Paulawalla,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing your report about this remote issue, and we'd like to help you out.

Could you tell us if this is the remote that came along with the device? What model is your Roku remote?

There are a couple of things you can try to resolve this issue. Please try the following:

• A different power outlet
  • A different micro USB cable
  • A different USB charger

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

My rechargeable remote will not fully charge to 100% and it drains very quickly. I got this remote as a replacement from Roku for a remote that wouldn't work properly that took normal batteries. I was supposed to be getting a direct replacement but instead Roku sent me a flawed rechargeable remote that I didn't ask for and wasn't supposed to get.

So not only did Roku send me the wrong replacement remote but it's not even working properly. What is wrong with these remotes? And if someone needs a replacement they should be sent the same type of remote that they got with their device not a flawed rechargeable remote instead. Was Roku suddenly out of the normal battery remotes the day they decided to send me my new remote? Ridiculous!

0 Kudos
Daveedee80

I also Acquired a roku voice Pro remote And out of the box it did not wake up and It's not taking a charge. I have tried many chords. Mini USB boxes and even different outlets. Nothing dead. What's going on with these l remotes?  I do not have the money to purchase another one.And I don't wanna just throw this one away.But I would like to have one that works.Please let me know what to do and have a blessed day

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Emissary35, @Daveedee80,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We have already requested a Roku remote for you. Please wait for its arrival, @Emissary35.

We appreciate you letting us know about your problems on your Roku remote, @Daveedee80. We'll be glad to assist you further. Kindly note that we have sent you a private message through the Roku Community to help you resolve the issue. Please check your inbox, as we have contacted you from there.

We hope to hear back from you.

Best wishes,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Is there any place to order the older Gaming Remotes and Enhanced Voice Remotes that have the private listening port and take double A batteries? Why are these not being sold anymore?

I think the Voice Remote Pro remotes are junk because the rechargeable batteries inside don't hold a charge well and in many instances won't fully charge. I had better usage with those original voice remote designs.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.