Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlazeJumper
Reel Rookie

Roku Voice Pro (2nd Edition) Mic button not working.

Jump to solution

I bought a Roku voice remote pro 2 a few weeks ago from Walmart. The mic doesn't seem to be working for the voice button or the hands- free. I've tried all your fixes. Nothing works. I have the Roku 4802X Ultra, serial # X01000DCGLEV, software version 13.0.0 build 224056-C2. I've had the Roku streaming sticks from the very first one you put out. I still have the first one. As you upgraded them, I upgraded. I've never had issue one with Roku. I'm disappointed to hear all the issues with this new remote. I would like to get this fixed somehow. Thank you.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Voice Pro (2nd Edition) Mic button not working.

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Justdawnie!

Thanks for giving us the heads-up about the Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition). We're here to help!

Before we dive in, could you let us know which Roku TV or player this remote is paired with? Also, is this the original remote that came with it?

We also suggest resetting your Roku remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again and try to utilize the voice command feature to see if this will make any difference.

In the meantime, you may install the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote. This works well with your Roku streaming device, which has a voice command feature. 

Let us know how it goes and we'll go from there.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@BlazeJumper-

Did "trying all the fixes" include pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons for 20 seconds to reset the remote, then re-pairing it to the Roku?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @BlazeJumper.

Thank you for sharing your concern about the issues you've encountered with the microphone button response on your Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition). 

Rest assured that I will coordinate this with our Support team for additional reinforcement. Additionally, kindly take a moment to check your inbox for additional assistance. 

Your continuous patience and understanding as we work on this are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BlazeJumper
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Carly,

Its been a month now since I posted and you sent me emails that you would replace my remote. I haven't received it yet and the other hasn't fixed itself. Ill leave this short for now.

Thank you

0 Kudos
BlazeJumper
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did try these fixes. They did not work.

Justdawnie
Reel Rookie

Roku Voice Pro (2nd Edition) Mic button not working.

Jump to solution

I have been a Roku customer for 11-12 years, and have enjoyed my Roku products. I recently purchased the Roku voice remote Pro 2, and it works great for about a month. Now the Voice feature does not work, and when I press and hold the microphone button and talk into the remote that doesn't work either. I have reset the remote, charged it, paired it, and did all of these multiple times. And the remote continues to not work with the voice feature or the microphone feature. The remote is maybe 3 months old. Very disappointed with the Roku Voice Remote Pro 2!!

RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Justdawnie!

Thanks for giving us the heads-up about the Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition). We're here to help!

Before we dive in, could you let us know which Roku TV or player this remote is paired with? Also, is this the original remote that came with it?

We also suggest resetting your Roku remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again and try to utilize the voice command feature to see if this will make any difference.

In the meantime, you may install the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote. This works well with your Roku streaming device, which has a voice command feature. 

Let us know how it goes and we'll go from there.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
Justdawnie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your swift response.

The Roku Voice Pro 2 remote is paired to my 40" Roku Select Series FHD TV. This is not the original remote for this TV. 

I have reset the Roku Voice Pro 2 remote several times, I have reset the Roku TV several times, I have paired the remote several times after resetting both the remote several times and resetting the TV several times. After resetting both the remote, and the TV several times, the voice feature still does not work, and the microphone button still does not work.

I have the Roku app on my phone however the app is not the issue, and the app cannot be used hands free. The issue is the Roku Voice Pro 2 remote has stopped working the way it has been designed to work.

I've been a Roku customer for 11-12 years, and I thoroughly enjoy my Roku products, with the caveat of this particular remote that does not work. Very disappointed!!

RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for keeping us informed, @Justdawnie!

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for being a valued customer here at Roku. Please know that we are here to provide you with the necessary support and are more than willing to collaborate with the relevant team to conduct a thorough investigation. With that being said, please kindly share the following details with us:

• Roku device model, serial number, and device ID this remote is currently paired to. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Error message.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Justdawnie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Please refer to the email that was sent with the requested information

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.