Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Voice Pro (2nd Edition) Mic button not working.

Jump to solution

Thank you for keeping us posted, @Justdawnie!

We sincerely appreciate your cooperation in providing the requested details. Rest assured, we will promptly submit your information to the Roku team for thorough review. We highly appreciate your patience and understanding as we resolve this issue.

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address or create a new thread for different concerns. We'd be more than willing to listen and take action.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice remote pro 2 mic not working

Jump to solution

We appreciate you keeping us updated, @BlazeJumper.

Our apologies for the delay in our response. Please know that we have sent you a private message to provide further assistance with this issue. We genuinely look forward to your response and are eager to help you get back to streaming at your convenience.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
erjai
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having this same problem with the microphone but working in my new Roku Voice Remote Pro 2nd Edition.  It worked great for about the first week after I bought it. It will also work when I reset things but then the microphone will stop working again after some minutes. The Roku app microphone works great.

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @erjai

We appreciate you reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done so far. Please be advised that we're here to help with the issue you're experiencing with your Roku remote 2nd edition mic button, and we will work with the appropriate team to address this. To get started, please share the following details with us:

• Roku device model, serial number, and device ID this remote is currently paired to. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Error message.

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
erjai
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
Jharra,

Here is the information you requested: 
Roku device model: Roku TV, Element model E4AA55R, hardware ID: 7815X
serial number: YN006G438962
device ID this remote is currently paired to: 0J5066438962
Tracker ID: 62-355-275

"We also suggest resetting your Roku remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again and try to utilize the voice command feature to see if this will make any difference."

I've tried this many times. Sometimes this temporarily works, and after repairing, the mic works for a few minutes, then it ceases working again. 

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @erjai, thank you for your reply!

We really appreciate the additional information you provided. Your input is valuable to us. We will pass on your details to the appropriate Roku team for review and keep you in the loop as our engineering team makes progress with their investigation.

Your patience and understanding mean a lot to us as we work on resolving this issue. Thank you for being so understanding!

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NOxxGAME
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same remote... Same problem! Walmart Onn Roku

Onn model 100012590

Hardware id h507x

Serial number x02000PU7kx3

Software version 13.1.4 build 1512 EP

Device ID S0MG63AU7KX3

0 Kudos
NOxxGAME
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also usually get temporary fix when resetting both my remote and TV. 

I tried turning off fast TV start so my TV was always on a fresh restart at the start of each session but this alone did not resolve the issue, the remote still doesn't work with fast TV start disabled.

Resetting both the remote and TV when I want to use voice is the only working solution right now and usually lasts a single TV session. 

RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @NOxxGAME,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing the information we needed. Just wanted to let you know that we've sent you a private message to provide further assistance on this issue.

Thank you for your understanding and continued participation in our community.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.