Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote stopped working after software update

Hi @newbees,

Welcome, and thanks for letting us know about this. Is this the remote that came along with those devices?

We'll be able to assist you from there.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @pete_c,

Thanks for flagging us about this. We've communicated this with the concerned team, and thanks for letting us know about this workaround.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
newbees
Channel Surfer

Yes, the remotes came with the sticks when I bought them. They were working for couple of years.

0 Kudos
pete_c
Channel Surfer

Note that my fix posted above only related to the Direct TV remote control that quit working after the 

November 1, 2023  firmware update V12.50 / Build 4176 and related to WAF whom only watches and records Direct TV.

0 Kudos
number40Fan
Binge Watcher

What code did you use for your TCL?

0 Kudos
pete_c
Channel Surfer

The only one listed on my Direct TV remote control menu for TCL.  I do not recall the number.

0 Kudos
AZDadTK
Channel Surfer

This is definitely caused by the 12.5 Roku update, as it happened to with my Mom's setup.  Her Roku TV updated to 12.5, her Cox Cable Contour remote stopped being able to control the volume and power.  Here is the following details:

TV Model: 50S435

Cox Contour Remote

I did the following to resolve:

System Restart of the TV

Put new batteries in the remote

Tried all of the listed codes for the Cox remote for TCL

Nothing has worked.  Has anyone else been able to find a resolution.  Currently I have her using both the Cox remote and the Roku remote, but it is not ideal, as I have had it working correctly for a couple of years with the Cox remote paired to the Roku TV.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi! @AZDadTK,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your remote. We're pleased to assist.

We would be happy to investigate further, but we need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information: 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
srkca
Reel Rookie

Hi there, same issue since the update, the paired Telus Slimline 2 remote stopped working. Help please.

Issue report tracker
Model: 7133X - Roku TV
Serial number: YN00H5719570 (J6996H719570)
Software version: 12.5.0 • build 4176-30
GC version: 10.2.518
Timestamp: 2023-11-07T00:16:54Z
Please use issue ID 70-446-416 to report the current issue.
0 Kudos
solbash

TCL Roku TV purchased in 2019. Same issue after a recent software update. Using Spectrum remote, arrow keys now do not function properly since the update. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.