Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote stopped working after software update

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @SparkGap!

Thanks for sharing your concern with us. No worries. We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

Have you tried to press and hold the Back and home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset and then re-pair it again? If you want more help doing it, here's our Support article on How to fix your Roku simple remote that is not working

Let us know if your remote issues are still occurring, and we'd be more than happy to provide you with the next steps. We'll be anticipating your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SparkGap
Channel Surfer

I appreciate you eliminating the boring solutions, but I've tried everything in this thread.

First, pairing doesn't work with the Infrared remote. As I understand it, that should always work and it does not.

For the RF remotes, pairing fails. I can get the green light to flash (and have gone through the pairing process in the past), but the Roku TV fails to connect at all. It does not matter if the remote was already added or if I remove it from the System menu. The RF remote do not show as connected in the Secret Platform Menu.

---

I wonder if anyone else can confirm the same behavior I noted.

* Go to Platform Secret Menu (Homex5 FF Pause RW Pause FF)

* Go to the RF Remote Menu

* Check if the entry reads "Disable full UI support for remote" (implying it's enabled)

I can consistently fix the issue by disabling this support and restarting the TV. (Restarting alone does not help.)

morgogo
Reel Rookie

I’m having  the same issues. i’ve tried everything in this thread.

changed batteries, tried pairing with tv codes, re-pairing remote, everything.

everything except power, volume, and mute buttons work. this started about a week or two ago. my tv doesn’t have volume buttons on it so i haven’t been able to watch tv as it’s on a low volume, just wanna get this fixed:)

Model: 3820X -Streaming Stick 4K

SN- X017008ACGRW

Device ID - S08Y424ACGRW

software vers.- 12.0.0 • build 4184-CU

0 Kudos
P8riot

Same issues here! Super frustrating. Roll the code back please! Escalate this to the developers and find the problem. You say you can’t roll back the software…rerelease the prior version under a new version and push it. 

This is not acceptable to allow this to go on for weeks…literally.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @morgogo @P8riot.

Welcome, and thank you for raising your remote issues here in the Roku Community!

Worry no more, as we have already requested additional reinforcement from our Support team regarding this matter. Kindly keep an eye out for your emails, as they will reach you there for updates. Kindly refer to them for further communication. Thanks!

Please don't hesitate to create a new thread for different concerns, and we'd be more than happy to continue assisting you in the best way we can.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings Community users,

We received an update from the appropriate Roku team about the issue we flagged previously. We suggest performing a system restart on your devices by unplugging and resting it for at least 10-15 minutes before plugging it back in and then trying again to see if that helps.

If the issue persists, please get back here and let us know.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dhob
Channel Surfer

Unplugged for 15 min,  issue persists. 

0 Kudos
Ryanclem
Reel Rookie

Unplugged for 15 minutes and issue persists. Unable to pair RF remote.

Model 3820X - streaming stick 4k

SW version: 12.5.0 build 4175-CU

Remote model: RC786

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dhob @Ryanclem,

We appreciate this update, and I have forwarded this to the concerned team. We'll get back here for further updates about this.

Thanks,

Rey 

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jikwild
Channel Surfer

A little bit of progress. Remote was totally unresponsive. but now it will turn the TV on/off and control the volume—but that’s it. It’s been weeks!  So weary of this issue!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.