Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Voice remote Pro no longer controls TV power/volume/mute after OS 11.5

@mbogo375

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information so we can investigate the issue further:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  5. TV make & model
  6. When the issue started

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mbogo375
Channel Surfer

Re: Voice remote Pro no longer controls TV powser/volume/mute after OS 11.5

1. Model Roku 4802x, serial number x01000666EMD, software version 11.5.0 build 4235-C2

2. It occurs on home screen and ALL channels.

3. Tracker ID MD-470-613.

4. Steps to reproduce: power on TV with its remote; try to power off with Roku remote (fails); try to raise/lower/mute TV (all fail).

5. TV: Sharp LC-75N620CU

Thank you

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@mbogo375 

Retry to program the tv, switch brands try Emerson instead.

Settings>system> remote and devices> remote> remote in USE> program tv

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
marceepoo
Reel Rookie

roku connection to Sony bravia 4k vh21; can't control volume or turn TV on or off

My Roku ultra cannot turn my Sony bravia 4k vh21 TV on or off, and cannot control the volume.  How can I fix that problem?

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: roku connection to Sony bravia 4k vh21; can't control volume or turn TV on or off

@marceepoo Did the ultra previously control the volume and on/off on your Sony TV?  Have you gone into settings and set up the remote to control the TV?

0 Kudos
mbogo375
Channel Surfer

I haven't heard anything back from Roku support.  Has any problem determination been done? Results? Remedies?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mbogo375,

Thanks for following up.

Our team has continued investigating the issue and hopes to have a resolution soon. We'll get back to you once we have an update available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
readingcop
Reel Rookie

I tried everything that was listed here.  Roku eventually sent me a new unit, but the same problem remains. 

I found the solution was to buy a new Apple TV 4K 3rd generation.  Everything works beautifully!!  I'll never go back to Roku!  

0 Kudos
mbogo375
Channel Surfer

Still no answers?

Could Roku send me a replacement remote to try or should I just return the Roku Ultra? 

0 Kudos
Yeswola
Channel Surfer

Re: Only on/off and volume buttons are working on my remote!

I have the same problem. Does anyone know how to solve it?

0 Kudos