Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kls1955us

Roku App gone and remote won't work

All of a sudden, my Roku app (the paid app with the device) is not showing on my TV.  I can't get to apps like Frndly and others that I pay a subscription for.  My remote wouldn't work to change apps inside Roku when the app was there and then the whole app was gone.  The remote is paired with my TV.  I don't know what happened or how to fix it.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku App gone and remote won't work

Paid app?  Roku doesn't have a paid app.  Try this one:

https://www.roku.com/mobile-app

If by "paired with my TV" you mean that the power and volume controls work with your TV then that's not the same thing as paired with your Roku device.  Try these steps:

How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku App gone and remote won't work

How are things @kls1955us ?

A warm welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reporting the problem to us with your Friendly app and other apps not showing on your TV. We are happy to help.

Follow the instructions below to manually check for software and channel updates.

• Press Home on your Roku remote
  • Scroll and select Settings
  • Select System
  • Select System Update
  • Note: The System Update screen displays the current software and build version, along with the date and time of the latest update
  • Select Check Now to manually check for updates

If there is new software available or there are updates for your channels, then your Roku device will download and install them automatically, and once completed, your Roku device will reboot.

For additional information, please check out this article: Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku® streaming device?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Rj

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.