Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobN
Reel Rookie

Re: New Roku Express remote doesn’t work

Hi Nimfa

Yes, I've tried the batteries and line of sight. The old remote, which looks identical, works perfectly.

The SN is SO7U515EO16U or S07U515E016U (I can't tell if they are the letter O or zero)

Model 3940X

Rob

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @AnnaLemos

Thanks for letting us know. 

Let us help you further. Could you provide us with the serial number of the Roku device to which your remote is paired to? Since you are unable to access the Setting on your Roku device, you'll get the serial number printed on the bottom or back of the device. I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further. 

Keep us posted. 

Regards,
Nimfa

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@RobN

Thanks for the information. 

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.
We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
AnnaLemos
Reel Rookie

Sure! I appreciate it.

SERIAL NUMBER: X00400AN2N3C

Thank you!

Anna

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@AnnaLemos

Thanks for following up. 

Our support team is now aware of your issue and will be reaching out to you through email.  Please be ready to receive their correspondence and continue assisting you from there. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work toward a resolution.

Regards,
Nimfa

ciotog
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your attention to this, Nimfa!

I sent you a PM with the pertinent details.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @ciotog 

Thanks for the follow up regarding your remote no longer working on your Roku Express device.

Please be aware that I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

If you need assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to post again in the Roku Community.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ciotog
Reel Rookie

Just to close this off (at least for me) - Roku shipped to me a replacement remote which has worked perfectly for the past week or so. The new remote is slightly different than the dead remote. The two buttons at the bottom have different icons (2 same, 2 different). The shape of the IR-LED cover is somewhat different.

I'm glad I didn't return the defective product and waited for the replacement remote.

0 Kudos