Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ltotter

Re: If you could add ONE feature to your Roku remote, what would it be?

Better rewind/fast forward button responses. I can never get to where I want to go...ever! Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Ltotter

I put my remote in a glow in the dark holder and add reflector tape to it. Hey, it helps. 

0 Kudos
joss1
Binge Watcher

Wouldn't it be even better if you could re-program those commercial buttons that very few use since they are subbed?

As for the headphone jack, I have a high end set of headphones to use as I am partially deaf in one ear. So I would love to have that in the pro 2 and gladly pay extra for it.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Changing the preprogrammed buttons will never happen. Roku is paid for them, and I’m sure the contract stipulates they can’t be changed. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
joss1
Binge Watcher

Of course you are right, but it's just my 2 cents as this is a "make a wish" forum,lol.

0 Kudos
davidjazz
Roku Guru

Not a change to the remote itself, but I wish Roku would enforce its own rule that all apps use the remote buttons in the same way. It's a pain to remember how each app turns on subtitles, fast forward, etc.

I'd like a better over-the-air experience. That probably means a separate version of your remote with numbers AND an input button. I use mine with a separate multi-remote and its input button brings up a simple menu that I CANNOT get with the Roku remote. Only problem is the volume/mute and number zero aren't supported with my GE multi-remote. If Roku offered a separate remote for over-the-air users, I'd buy two for every TV and Roku dongle in my house (that would now be 8 purchases)!

0 Kudos

Hi Roku! Love the new 2nd Edition of the Voice Remote Pro! Backlit, Finally! (welcome to the Party!)  The GUIDE button is cool, but useless to me so far. Here's what it needs: have it open like the Rocket Launcher button and allow the user to program it to the app of their choice. Guess what they're gonna choose?  I'll tell you: YouTube TV, Hulu TV, Plex, HD Homerun, or whichever app they used to watch Live Local TV on a traditional TV Guide grid. These are customers who pay a premium price for their (True) Live TV, or who have gone to a lot of trouble to install an antenna and set up something like Tablo or HD Homerun with Plex so they can enjoy True OTA TV without a monthly subscription. I will not be plugging a coax cable into my TV like my parents did in the 1970's to make the GUIDE button relevant, so that will not be the solution. 

This is my suggestion: please make the GUIDE button relevant by making it work (like the Rocket Launcher button does) to allow the customer to choose the app of their choice.  

0 Kudos

The ability to open directly in the Xfinity Stream app, not the Roku Home Screen. Thanks for asking.

0 Kudos
FJB2020
Streaming Star

• Have it work period . 
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.