Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CLE216
Channel Surfer

W Box TV not listed to program Roku remote.

I have two W Box TVs and do not know what model to choose to program my remote. Tried: Sony, Samsung, sharp, tcl, lg.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: W Box TV not listed to program Roku remote.

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @CLE216!

Thanks for informing us regarding your remote concern and we'd like to assess this further and provide you with an accurate resolution possible.

We would appreciate it if you could let us know what specific Roku player you have plugged into your W Box TV. Furthermore, we highly recommend using a Roku remote to navigate your Roku operating system.

Let us know if you need further clarification and assistance.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CLE216
Channel Surfer

I have the Roku Streaming Stick 4K.

I am using the Roku remote.  I want to control Power and Volume only on the W Box.  Its not listed on the brands, and I assume there is another template brand I can use to mirror the commands.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the added information, @CLE216.

We appreciate your clarification. No worries! We're here to help you utilize this feature on your remote.

You can set your Roku remote to control the volume and power of your TV by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > Remotes & Devices > Remotes > Set up remote for TV control.

Let us know how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CLE216
Channel Surfer

I get to this point and then W Box is not an option to match the programming. It plays music and never mutes.  Here’s where I need help finding another brand that has the same remote program.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for clarifying, @CLE216.

We appreciate your cooperation as we work on this. 

Perhaps @Tivoburkee can provide a suggestion or recommendation, as he's our resident Community remote Expert. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@CLE216-

The codelist for the Insignia 4-Device Universal Remote NS-RMT415 lists the same code number for W Box and Memorex.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@makaiguy @CLE216 

I own that remote, but I have no idea where my code list for it is? You would take that code go down the Insignia 415 code list and right down of tv brands that use that code, then take those tv brands and try them in the Roku settings until you find a match. @makaiguy perhaps you can link to the code list.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
CLE216
Channel Surfer

I'll try memorex when I get home.  I swear that is what the Roku remote 'defaulted' to for setup.  But then I had to listen to the music playing, and I went through 20 codes, the music never muted and then it said 'TRY AGAIN LATER' and kicked me back to the setup screen where I need to choose a brand for the IR codes to match.

Appreciate all the help @makaiguy @Tivoburkee 

0 Kudos
CLE216
Channel Surfer

It defaults to Micromax tv. I go through all 30 codes and it doesn’t work. I tried Memorex also and went through 30 codes and still didn’t work.

any other brand match ideas?

0 Kudos