Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Njsaw1
Reel Rookie

Re: If you could add ONE feature to your Roku remote, what would it be?

A headphone jack on every remote model.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

A headphone jack will only work on a WiFi Direct remote, meaning the Voice remotes. The basic IR remote won't support headphones because there's no two way communication between the remote and the Roku. IR remotes only use a one-way path between the remote and the device. 

Does the cheapest Voice Remote have a headphone jack? No, it doesn't. That's because the remote requires an audio amp within the remote to power the headphones, which increases cost and shortens battery life. Many users prefer having a lower cost option for a Voice remote, so Roku offers them with and without the jack.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Njsaw1
Reel Rookie

My remote has a voice command button but, no headphone jack. When streaming audio using the remote app and my headphones plugged into my Iphone, I cannot activate any other app (YouTube, Tik Tok, IG Reels......( without the Roku audio being suppressed by those apps, That's why I think the remote with the jack would suit me. Understood that the inners of those remotes must raise the price. Thanks.

0 Kudos
ROkooFlix
Streaming Star

Here's a fun remote feature thought, double-clicking on buttons performs a different task.  

I'm thinking something like double-clicking on the [*] button, would then function as an info button of the current content(s) info overlaid over the content video without pausing streamed video.  

Member Since ‎07-09-2008
0 Kudos
atc98092

@ROkooFlix wrote:

I'm thinking something like double-clicking on the [*] button, would then function as an info button of the current content(s) info overlaid over the content video without pausing streamed video.  

I really like that idea, as I have that functionality on my Nvidia Shield. But it isn't the remote that needs the change, it would require the player OS to recognize a double-tap on a button. I'm sure it's possible, but would require a bunch of changes to the OS programming. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
WTF10-18

Some customer service!

0 Kudos
8dog

There are two features/buttons that I really miss: 1) A "menu" or "guide" button, and 2) An "info" button.

ROkooFlix
Streaming Star

The new Voice Remote Pro v2 has a guide button. 

IMG_5009.jpeg

Member Since ‎07-09-2008
renojim

It looks like they added a guide button, but I agree with the "info" and/or "menu" button or any button(s) that Roku won't commandeer like they have with the asterisk button.  Apps have practically no buttons they can use. so they have to resort to kludges like long presses or other non-intuitive controls like pressing an arrow button to bring up a menu.

I am not a Roku employee.
FranklinJ
Streaming Star

The RC880 and RCB1r have a programmable quick launch button which give you multiple choices  of TV apps  and functions, and a guide button which provide multiple channels of viewing pleasure. 
the backlit feature allowed finding the black remote among your other black tech stuff. I’m particular jazzed by the heavy duty battery. The RC917 never fully charged. An honest tech support rep admitted many complaints of the unchargable RC917. 
very happy with the new remote. Very happy. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.