Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LVdprrhs
Binge Watcher

Re: Remote Scrolling

Jump to solution

@ChrisO wrote:

I am having this same issue with the scrolling. Is there a solution? 

Yes, check out all replies here by Tivoburkee; I was able to manipulate my TV remote to make it stop.

0 Kudos
Jamieelise143
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku menu keep scrolling

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  I am having the same issue but when I try and go to your profile I see the contact me section but there is no option to message you.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Jamieelise143

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you tell us first the exact issue you're experiencing? Please also reply here with the serial number of your Roku device which can be located at the back or underneath the player itself.

We look forward to your response. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jamieelise143
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello, anytime you push the directional buttons on the remote and app, it scrolls uncontrolled and does not stop.  SN: K430H146553

RubiconCheck
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just throw it in the garbage and buy a better product from another manufacturer. They have no fix for it and don’t offer any replacements for their sub-par remotes. You get told to private msg the guy running the tech chats and never posts the solution. Because there isn’t one. We tossed all of our 3 rokus and replaced with AppleTV units and haven’t looked back. Far superior products and support when needed. We were not paying $40 for a new remote. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jamieelise143

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Shortytaco

Jump to solution

Hi Danny

I'm having the same issue with my simple Roku remote, it scrolls continually and I can't make it stop to watch anything. This is a fairly new device so I'm surprised it's no longer working. SN# S008308A4NPH

thanks for your help,

Thomas

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Shortytaco

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Anlee

Jump to solution

Sorry I can't seem to PM, I don't have the privileges and it doesn't tell me how to get them.

My Roku serial is X004003MM3TX.

My remote has been double or triple hitting for scrolling (only in Netflix to start) for awhile, a couple months now. I figured it was just a Netflix thing. Starting yesterday, it just kept hitting whatever button I pressed last, which resulted in endless scrolling, or endless pause/plays. In all menus, now, not just Netflix. I cannot access anything, the scrolling is too fast. I took out the batteries on the remote and the poor thing was still going. I'm not sure if it's the remote or the device. 

I used the remote in my phone's camera and the light bursts seem completely normal.

No water has contacted either.

Sorry again for the lack of DM. I am still looking into why it won't let me.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Anlee

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos