Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisapink8
Reel Rookie

How much reading do I have to do to get a fix on my battery draining remote?

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem.

and before the batteries are drained the remote works sporadically, like it needs a rest!!!!

otherwise I love my Roku.

I think this is how they get you to buy the more expensive rechargeable remote

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How much reading do I have to do to get a fix on my battery draining remote?

Jump to solution

Hi @Fzero3000,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'd be more than happy to assist you with this.

May we know what type of remote you are referring to? Here's our Support article to help you identify: What type of remote does your Roku device use?

In addition, may we know when and where you purchased your Roku streaming device/TV?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assess this further. We'll be looking forward to your update!

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How much reading do I have to do to get a fix on my battery draining remote?

Jump to solution

Hi @Lisapink8,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help. In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fzero3000

Jump to solution

Hi, Could I get an assist as well?

my remote has the same problem, I eventually just switched to the App on my phone but I prefer using a physical remote 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Fzero3000,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'd be more than happy to assist you with this.

May we know what type of remote you are referring to? Here's our Support article to help you identify: What type of remote does your Roku device use?

In addition, may we know when and where you purchased your Roku streaming device/TV?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assess this further. We'll be looking forward to your update!

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.