Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HoneyJones

How do I update/change Roku stick's internet/wifi network without a remote of any kind?

Jump to solution

My Roku 4K Streaming Stick w/Voice Remote is stuck on my OLD internet/wifi network (upper right corner on Home screen says "Not Connected") and I can't update/change it to the NEW internet/wifi network because:

1) The physical Roku remote stopped working many months ago.

2) The Roku remote I use on my iPhone (via Roku app) is no longer working because my iPhone is on the current/NEW wifi network, which puts the Roku app on that same current/New wifi network - which means I can no longer use my iPhone as a Roku remote.

And we all know that without a remote (a physical one or a remote via the Roku app) you cannot change or update your Roku stick's internet/wifi connection.

Lastly, I researched how to change wifi network manually by using the Roku stick's IP Address. However,  the Roku stick is not going to have/show an IP Address if it's not connected to a current wifi network - my Old wifi network is no longer in existence, hence why the Roku Stick no longer has an IP Address.

PLS HELP!  How do I change my Roku stick's internet/wifi network without any kind of remote??

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How do I update/change Roku stick's internet/wifi network without a remote of any kind?

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @HoneyJones!

Thank you for reaching out. We'd be more than happy to provide further information and help you change your network connection successfully.

Firstly, please note that if your wireless network settings have been updated or if your device has lost its network connection, requiring you to re-establish it, you will need your Roku physical remote.

You may check our latest offers here: Roku Accessories

I hope you find this information helpful. 

Happy Streaming! 💜

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: How do I update/change Roku stick's internet/wifi network without a remote of any kind?

Jump to solution

The easiest/cheapest 2 options are:

1) Buy & pair a replacement Voice Remote/Voice Remote Pro/2 for $20 & $30 respectively (available @ Walmart, Amazon.com, etc)

2) Change your "new" WiFi SSID & password to match the "old" WiFi SSID & password (requires login access to your modem/router/gateway and changing settings).

There are other possibilities/options, but they are neither as easy nor as cheap.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @HoneyJones!

Thank you for reaching out. We'd be more than happy to provide further information and help you change your network connection successfully.

Firstly, please note that if your wireless network settings have been updated or if your device has lost its network connection, requiring you to re-establish it, you will need your Roku physical remote.

You may check our latest offers here: Roku Accessories

I hope you find this information helpful. 

Happy Streaming! 💜

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.