Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rtcarson45

I have 6 remotes, and none will pair with Vizio tv

Jump to solution

I have 6 remotes, and none will pair with Vizio tv.  It used to work  Bob

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I have 6 remotes, and none will pair with Vizio tv

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @rtcarson45!

I understand you are unable to control your Vizio TV using your Roku remote. We're here to help you determine the cause and find the best resolution.

In addition to what our Roku Guru provided above, please try using your Vizio remote to see if it can control your TV. Also, what specific Roku device have you plugged into your TV? Is this the remote that came with that device or was it purchased separately?

Nevertheless, kindly try to troubleshoot your remote to see if this can help you control your TV again:

Roku Voice Remote:

If your voice remote uses standard AA or AAA alkaline batteries, you can reboot it by removing and reinstalling the batteries.

1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your remote
  2. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment
  3. Re-insert the negative (-) end of a battery first and then gently push the positive (+) end until the battery clicks into place
  4. Repeat the previous step to install the second battery
  5. Put the battery cover back on your remote

Roku Voice Remote Pro (rechargeable remote):

If your voice remote has a rechargeable battery, follow the steps below below to reboot your remote

• If your rechargeable voice remote has a pairing button, press and hold the pairing button on the back of the remote for 20 seconds.
  • If your rechargeable voice remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. 

Roku Players (simple) remote: How to fix your Roku simple remote that is not working

Furthermore, if your Roku remote's Power and Volume buttons are not working, this support article will help you fix it: Why is my Roku® voice remote not controlling power and volume on my TV?

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@rtcarson45 Does the Vizio TV remote work with the TV?  If not the sensor on the TV is blocked or has gone bad.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @rtcarson45!

I understand you are unable to control your Vizio TV using your Roku remote. We're here to help you determine the cause and find the best resolution.

In addition to what our Roku Guru provided above, please try using your Vizio remote to see if it can control your TV. Also, what specific Roku device have you plugged into your TV? Is this the remote that came with that device or was it purchased separately?

Nevertheless, kindly try to troubleshoot your remote to see if this can help you control your TV again:

Roku Voice Remote:

If your voice remote uses standard AA or AAA alkaline batteries, you can reboot it by removing and reinstalling the batteries.

1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your remote
  2. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment
  3. Re-insert the negative (-) end of a battery first and then gently push the positive (+) end until the battery clicks into place
  4. Repeat the previous step to install the second battery
  5. Put the battery cover back on your remote

Roku Voice Remote Pro (rechargeable remote):

If your voice remote has a rechargeable battery, follow the steps below below to reboot your remote

• If your rechargeable voice remote has a pairing button, press and hold the pairing button on the back of the remote for 20 seconds.
  • If your rechargeable voice remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. 

Roku Players (simple) remote: How to fix your Roku simple remote that is not working

Furthermore, if your Roku remote's Power and Volume buttons are not working, this support article will help you fix it: Why is my Roku® voice remote not controlling power and volume on my TV?

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.