Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LPBirt
Reel Rookie

Replacement remote for Insignia Roku TV?

I hardly used the TV as well. I purchased it in 2015 or 2016 for guests as well when I want to play video games. This particular tv is used maybe twice a month (if that). The buttons on the remote that are working are the volume buttons. If lucky, and I keep pushing the other buttons, it may work. However, I'm unable to do anything afterwards. I was told by an Insignia Rep, I can buy the remote from them for $41.95. Amazon has them starting at $6. I think the one I'm looking for is between $6-$15. They even have two for $9. If Amazon remote doesn't work, I can return for a refund. The Rep also stated the remote will stopped having all functions because it's overheating and needs to restart. That can't be the issue if the TV is not on. Not only that, but my TV loss it's Wi-Fi, so I don't have all the apps anymore. When this happens, the TV is worthless; unless, if it's being used for playing games. Luckily, I have cable on this TV and can play video games. The module went out 2 yrs after buying it.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
LPBirt
Reel Rookie

Re: Replacement remote for Insignia Roku TV?

In addition to my recent response, after reading Amazon's reviews, several TVs aren't compatible. They didn' read the full description of the product because it states universal. I'm going to buy the Roku USB device. Those tend to work better and I can find one cheaper than $42. I have one in my bedroom.and love it! 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Replacement remote for Insignia Roku TV?

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @LPBirt!

We appreciate you letting us know about this, and we'd be happy to provide further information.

The Insignia Roku TV brand designs and manufactures its own player hardware, including a specially designed remote control. Nevertheless, we also offer the Roku TV Remote, which works well with your TV right now. 

Furthermore, please note that if you're considering purchasing a Roku streaming device, it's important to connect it to a non-Roku TV to avoid interruptions. This is because both a Roku streaming device and a Roku TV run on the same operating system.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.