Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Do all Roku’s drain remote batteries so fast?

I’ve heard before on YouTube that Duracell batteries are horrible.  However, one of the community’s frequent users, @atc98092, actually has a good experience with them.

Tagging @Hector-Roku@Alex-Roku, @RokuKariza-D, @RokuKarla and @RokuMary-F.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Xalqee

Thanks for the post and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sisters

We have two remotes and we are changing batteries on one every week. The second remote we change the battery about every two weeks. You can go bankrupt purchasing batteries for these voice activated remote controls. When it freezes up and will not work, I’ll take the back off and the little indicator light on the inside the cover is blinking or a steady green. I do believe this light must be staying on and draining the battery. Are they any solutions?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Sisters

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Could you reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote? It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos