Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kikinhenry
Reel Rookie

remote not working after few minutes of idling.

Remote not working after few minutes of idling, had to remove the battery for resetting it. The first one I bought was the same. This is the second one that does the same thing.  Any solutions for this?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: remote not working after few minutes of idling.

@kikinhenry 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? If you are experiencing the same issue with another remote, it's possible that the issue does not actually stem from the remote.

We would recommend taking a look at the remote troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: Fix your remote

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kikinhenry
Reel Rookie

Hello.  This is the Roku I bought from Amazon; Roku Streaming Stick 4K 2021 | Streaming Device 4K/HDR/D. Vision with Roku Voice Remote and TV Controls

Once I got Roku settings done and everything on the controller, the controller just turned off and  the movie I was watching reverted to the home channel I was watching. I removed the batteries to reset it back on, but it did the same thing every time.  I returned it back to Amazon for a refund.  This is the second time the same model failed in doing its job and doing the same thing over and over.   

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@kikinhenry
Thanks for the post.

How do you know that the controller is what is causing the issue and that it is turned off? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos