Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DoggMan

Buttons hard to push to effectuate

At first it was just the right arrow button, but now it's a few others. I had to press so hard to make them work I've given up using it. Can I get a fix--or a replacement? I see others have had the same issue. Has there been a recall?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Buttons hard to push to effectuate

Hello! @DoggMan,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the difficulty pressing your Roku remote. We're here to help.

Please check your inbox. We have sent you a private message to ask for additional information and to assist you further.

You can use the Roku mobile app to control your streaming device while troubleshooting your remote.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dalebarry
Channel Surfer

I am also having a problem with my center select button. I have to push it very hard to get it to work and sometimes it just doesn't unless I back out of that page and go back to it and select it again. Very frustrating! Can you advise please?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @dalebarry!

Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to help you find the best resolution so you can continue using your physical Roku remote. 

We'd like to assess your concern better and would be great if you could provide us with additional information such as follows:

• Is this the remote that came with your Roku Streaming Stick?  If not, what is its model? (What Roku remote do I have?)
  • Were you able to press the center (OK) button on your physical remote the first time you paired this to your device? If so, when did you first notice this issue occurred? 
  • Is this the only button not working correctly?

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dalebarry
Channel Surfer

Hi Carly,

I replied to the email I received but thought I might check back here at the community site to see if you had gotten back to me about my OK button.

It is a Voice Remote that cam with my stick.

I didn't have this problem initially, rather it has become an issue and seems to be getting worse with time. It is only the OK button I am having a problem with. All other functions are working as they should. I can actuate the button but only with repeated very hard pressing.

I so hope you can help.

Thanks for addressing this problem with me.

Dale

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for responding, @dalebarry.

I have also coordinated this with our Support team and have been notified about the Suppor ticket number. Nevertheless, you may also consider these steps to help you:

Troubleshooting voice remote issues with a Roku Streaming Stick®

If you have a Roku Streaming Stick, review the tips below for improving the connection with your Roku voice remote.

• Use the advanced wireless receiver or long-range Wi-Fi receiver included with your Streaming Stick. The wireless receiver is part of the USB power cable that must be attached to your Roku Streaming Stick. It reduces wireless interference and allows your Roku Streaming Stick to connect to your wireless network.
  • Install an HDMI® extension cable. When using a Streaming Stick that is connected directly to an HDMI port on your TV, wireless interference from the HDMI connector may impact the performance of your remote. You can move your Streaming Stick by installing a free HDMI extender.

For reference, here's the support article dedicated to this: How to fix your Roku voice remote that is not working

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dalebarry
Channel Surfer

Carly,

You are so kind and I really appreciate your help with my problem.

I have recently added an extender due to an overheating problem. That has fixed that issue. However, I don't have or didn't have an Advanced WiFi receiver. I have gone through all the trouble shooting from the information you refereed me to and have rebooted my stick and paired my remote again. The OK button remains not functioning as it should.

Thanks,

Dale

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the quick response, @dalebarry.

I appreciate your kind words and I'll do my best to help you find the best resolution possible.

Rest assured that I will coordinate this with our Support team for additional reinforcement. Kindly keep an eye on your inbox as I will contact you there to gather further information.

Your continuous patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dalebarry
Channel Surfer

It has been 2 weeks since Carly messaged me about support reaching out to me about my OK button that is almost unusable. I'm still waiting!

0 Kudos

I believe it requires cleaning, if you are a tech savvy, you can do it. There are soft silicone buttons which accumulates carbon, you can clean them with Alcohol with lint free cloth. Hope it works for you.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.