Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dalebarry
Channel Surfer

Re: Buttons hard to push to effectuate

I can appreciate the information to clean the button. However, your advise would involve disassembly of the remote control. I am not willing to destroy my remote in the attempt to clean under the silicon button. Support was suppose to send me a replacement a month ago. I haven't seen or heard anything from them. I am under the impression that I won't be either. I am disappointed in the help I have not received.

0 Kudos
Mahi2266

This is happening to me also. This is the 4th remote I’ve had to buy. My hands begin to hurt to the point that I need physical therapy. Why are the remotes so terrible? I can’t keep replacing the remotes over and over again because the buttons don’t respond!

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mahi2266,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're experiencing an issue with your Roku remote, and we're here to help you further with this.

To begin, could you please let us know which Roku device is paired with your Roku remote? Also, have you tried resetting your Roku remote by following any troubleshooting steps below?

Resetting your Roku remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again.

In the meantime, please consider using our Roku mobile app for temporary and backup remotes. For detailed instructions, please refer to our dedicated support article: How to use the Roku mobile app.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.