Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deb72
Level 8

Extremely slow response but Excellent WiFi signal

My Roku Express+ has a severe lag between button pushes.  I have to wait a full minute or two between each button push to get anywhere.  If I push the button too soon, it seems like my wait time starts over.  My WiFi signal is excellent and I have replaced the batteries in my remote.  This has been going on for a while and is getting worse.  It takes sometimes 5 to 10 minutes just to pull up a show on Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, etc.  Anyone else ever have this issue?  I have been using Roku devices for about 8 years and never had this issue before.  This device worked great for the first couple of months that I had it and then down hill ever since.

3 Replies
jaz5
Level 7

Re: Extremely slow response but Excellent WiFi signal

Yes, I have the exact same issue with my newest Ultra device purchased in Dec 2019.  Over the past 2 months, there has been an annoying lag whenever I scroll up/down the channel menu or when I try to call up the menu, or when I try to change the channel.  I have just sent a  note to Roku support to see what they say.  This is my second (and newest) device. I do not have this issue with my original Ultra device in the other room which is now over a year old. 

0 Kudos
Deb72
Level 8

The problem ended up being the remote.  I tried using a remote from an older roku device I had and now it works fine.  

0 Kudos
jaz5
Level 7

That's what I'm going to try this morning, since I have 2 Roku ultra devices.  Roku support team asked me to contact my internet service provider and have them set the "channels" to a certain number to mitigate any signal interference. I did so yesterday and it did not solve my problem.  I will report this back to them. I will try using the older remote this morning to see if that solves the 3-4 second time lag that occurs when I try to change a channel or scroll through the menu.  Thank you for your reply.

0 Kudos