Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deacondog
Level 8

Roku TV - Audio out of sync, and visual lagging

[New topic created for Roku TV] 

Hi Tanner
Using Roku TV via basic cable hdmi box I believe. Switched out from coaxial.
Yes, tried all the Volume settings including Stereo, etc.. not sure about the * key- don't recall- When would I press that??
No other devices/speakers on TV.
It is directly plugged in but also on wifi but not Xfinity, just Google.
I am not good with technology.
I think while doing a check, I saw my wifi connection listed too.
But don't ya need that for the streaming? Idk.
Appreciate the reply.
Not just looking for how to correct it but to Eliminate it to begin with ~
Deb

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Deacondog
Level 8

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Roku needs to Fix this pervasive problem! Have tried everything.
Sometimes unplugging from wall works or fooling with a volume settings. But always happens to me when I binge a show after 2 or 3 shows broadcast. VERY ANNOYING.
The FF, pause, etc haven't worked for me. I have TCL Roku TV.
Roku now tells me it's them.
Started once I added Prime video but affects all channels. Seems fixable? Who is responsible?
I don't want to keep it if continues.
Only 2mos old. Disappointed
0 Kudos
Deacondog
Level 8

Only update I can give is Roku in general still having this audio issue. I personally have Roku through the TCL TV and have same trouble!
Roku tells me it's probably the TV but was helpful to restore after long wait on Hold!
Per your post, I don't think it's the Tv.
My audio lag is associated with one show running into the next or maybe from using Rew? Sometimes unplugging works but So Annoying.
They need to FIX this problem asap or I'm returning mine also and getting a Firestick.
Once it starts it affects All my channels! Sigh.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

Moving Roku TV comments to a new thread. 

For those of you experiencing this issue on a Roku TV, please reply with the following details so we can help investigate this issue further: 

- What specific streaming channel or HDMI input devices (cable box, Xbox, etc.) are you watching when you observe the issue? What is an example content title (movie or tv show) that we can reference? 

- Does this occur in all streaming channels on the TV, or just one particular streaming channel? 

- Are you using any A/V receiver or soundbar with your TV? If so, what is the specific brand and model number?

- During playback of any content, press the * key on your Roku TV remote. A sidebar menu will open on the left. Locate 'Volume modes' - Are any of these turned on? If so, does turning this feature off resolve the issue and restore audio sync? 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Strobey
Level 1

I have a TCL 55C807 and around three weeks ago the lip sync problem started to occur.  A full system restarts it corrects it for a couple of hours then the issue reoccurs. It persists on a normal power-off.  It affects all apps including, antenna tv, Netflix, Plex.  I don’t use hdmi inputs. Using built-in tv speakers. The sync issue is very dramatic for me, probably 750ms.  

And your final question is the solution!  I keep night mode on. I just switched it to normal and the issue was resolved.  Upon changing it back to night mode the lip sync was correct, but I assume it will drift off.  I’m glad you pointed that out so I don’t have to keep restarting. 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Strobey Thanks for letting us know what you are seeing.

- Do you use any A/V receiver or soundbar with your TV, or do you simply use the internal TV speakers? 

- Which streaming channels were you watching when you observed the audio sync issue? 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Strobey
Level 1

Internal speakers only.  No receiver connected.  Just an Apple TV 4K is connected via hdmi that I do not use. 

The sync issue occurs on every channel I use, plex, Netflix, antenna tv, cbsn, Amazon. And persists if I change channels.

But I’m not entirely sure if a particular channel causes the issue to start.   It definitely starts when Netflix and antenna TV is playing but only after a couple of hours. 

0 Kudos