Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teckey

Re: FIXES DO NOT WORK PLEASE FIX YOUR ISSUE

Jump to solution

junk

Sherchris

Re: Wireless network not detected - need assistance

Jump to solution

Having the same issues,have reset modem.i think the Roku just took a **bleep**. Have done all suggested things from the Roku support and still will not connect

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Sherchris we need more detail. What model Roku do you have (model number, not the name)? What are you using for WiFi (cable modem, DSL modem, your own router)? Who is your ISP? Does the Roku see your network, and not connect, or is your network not shown at all? Are any other networks available? Are you able to test it on a different connection, such as a phone hotspot?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Whitney83
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Haven't been able to connect my router premier since this morning. It's maybe a year old or less. All of our phones and roku ultra connect just fine. 

Model # 3920X

It's an xfinity router it says Cisco. 

I see my network but it can't connect.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Whitney83 since it's Xfinity, it's probably related to the issue with some modems and the 2.4 GHz radio mode. Log into the modem (or use the app) and look for the 2.4 GHz radio settings. See if the mode selector is available, or if it's greyed out. If you can change it, set the Mode to B/G/N. If you can't change it, you need to contact Comcast support and ask them to change it. 

It's a Comcast firmware issue, but rather that fix it or leave the setting alone, they are forcing everyone to the G/N setting. For whatever reason, their modem firmware doesn't work correctly with Roku devices on that setting.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Rosamom

Jump to solution

I am having issues withe same thing . My Roku will not connect . Also my Roku seems to be overheating too. I need help

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Rosamom

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you tell us more about the connectivity issue you're experiencing? Who is your internet service provider? Reply here with the model number of your Roku device which can be found in Settings > System > About

Moreover, please be advised that Roku devices tend to go warm since it's always plugged in. 

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
xoxodanika

Jump to solution

I cannot say thank you enough for this detailed explanation!! I also have Xfinity and my Roku hadn’t been working for a few weeks. This seems to have solved my problem! Thank you soooooo much for taking the time to help others!

0 Kudos
Carolann68

Jump to solution

What is b,g,n????

0 Kudos
Carolann68

Jump to solution

My roku premiere is brand new. I have 2 of them. Neither will pick up my wifi. The express still picks it up. 

0 Kudos