Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stacigarrison
Binge Watcher

Wireless network not detected - need assistance

Jump to solution

I have restarted my ROKU and my MODEM 3 times now, and unplugged EVERYTHING and still NOTHING!    Do you want to know how many times Ive did this in a month, A LOT!!

This isnt my MODEM issue, this isnt my wifi issue, this is a CONSTANT ROKU issue!!!

FIX YOUR ISSUES!!!

Because NONE of your "fixes" are working!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stacigarrison
Binge Watcher

Re: Wireless network not detected - need assistance

Jump to solution

OKAY!  I will try this link info/fix.   Brb

View solution in original post

69 REPLIES 69
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: FIXES DO NOT WORK PLEASE FIX YOUR ISSUE

Jump to solution

Are you venting or do you actually want some help? Can you provide more details such as which Roku device you own? No reason to shout either 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Stacigarrison

Thanks for the post.

As previously mentioned by @Ello2022 above, we do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? Who is your internet service provider?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Stacigarrison
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

What more can I tell you other than I just factory  reset the ROKU and now it isnt even finding my wifi.  Ive done EVERYTHING possible to my modem more than once, and the strength is excellent!!!

I did EVERYTHING your help suggestions stated before factory reset and nothing worked, but was able to find my modem then. ???????

Now it doesnt even find my modem after factory reset.

ROKU has been losing the wifi connection a lot!!  

Now what?!?   I dong know what more you need to know to understand that your "help" information has not worked to fix your ROKU issue.

Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Stacigarrison  Going off on a rant won’t help us help you. This is your first post. So no one has any idea what your talking about or steps you have followed. Exactly which Roku model do you own? Who’s your ISP? Please stop shouting. When did you purchase your Roku? Can you provide details please. Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku streaming device? Please provide the model number. If your Roku is constantly losing your Wi-Fi connection there’s a reason behind that and it’s usually not your Roku. 

Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I've having trouble following.  It sounds like you are saying that it could find your modem (router) but then you factory reset it (for some reason) and now it can't?

What model of Roku is this?  What Wi-Fi band are you attempting to connect to?  (For example, some Rokus can't do 5GHz.)  If you are connecting on 2.4GHz, have you checked that your router is broadcasting 2.4GHz and is set to b/g/n modes.  (Roku seems to be unreliable with routers set for only g/n modes.)  Sorry if you've already checked that but "EVERYTHING" is kind of vague so I'm just guessing.

0 Kudos
Stacigarrison
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Are you kidding me?!  I just told you EVERYTHING that is wrong or of issue, and you still dont know what my issue is???

Stacigarrison
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This isnt a new ROKU, its been working just fine, but since the last 3 months I keep having issues with it connecting to my wifi. 

The reason for the factory reset is because nothing else worked.

I read all the "info solutions" as well as other support issues in here, and nothing works.

So at my wits end and short of snapping the remote and device in two. 

Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Stacigarrison  Why do you refuse to provide details everyone is asking for?

0 Kudos
Stacigarrison
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

ROKU model I dont know because its so faint on the base that I cannot see it.

XFINITY Internet

2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi

2.4 GHz WiFi

Edit

Customize the 2.4 GHz WiFi mode and channel to improve performance.

WiFi Mode
802.11 g,n
Channel Select
Auto (Recommended)
Channel Width
20 MHz

5 GHz WiFi

Edit

Customize the 5 GHz WiFi mode and channel to improve performance.

WiFi Mode
802.11 a,n,ac
Channel Select
Auto (Recommended)
Channel Width
80 MHz