Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stacigarrison
Binge Watcher

Re: FIXES DO NOT WORK PLEASE FIX YOUR ISSUE

Jump to solution

THANK YOU!!!  THIS WORKED after 6 hrs of reading and doing!  Thank you!!!   Now I can have my coffee and news!

Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Stacigarrison  This is how we can help you. All you needed to do was to provide information. Keep in mind you have an older Roku. So wait for a sale and pick up a newer model. But not the basic Express edition 

Stacigarrison
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you for your help and link info that was given again by another CS.  This fixed my issue, now after 6 hrs I can have my news and coffee.

@Strega wrote:

Check this thread from a few minutes ago where someone got connected by changing g,n to b,g,n.  This fixes it for many people.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Ello2022 wrote:

Your Roku is old and outdated and no longer manufacture. 

Stop with this. Yes, it's not the most current version of the Express. But it's not outdated, nor worthless. While I don't personally recommend the basic Express (the Express 4K+ is vastly better for only a bit more money), it's still perfectly capable of providing years of service. 

@Stacigarrison unfortunately, you have one of those Comcast modems that has a bug in their firmware that causes problems with Roku devices. It's the modem firmware, not the Roku, that has the issue. Fortunately, the workaround, as you have found, usually resolves the issue. Hopefully Comcast or Motorola will get their firmware updated to resolve the problem. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@atc98092  It is something to keep in mind. Roku’s don’t last forever. Usually 3-5 years. Technology changes daily. Could it last another 2 years? Sure. But if a Roku Express 4K or a Stick 4K goes on sale it’s a good idea to upgrade then. As devices get older they become outdated by certain things. Companies like Netflix, Hulu and others may no longer support certain products. Roku will stop pushing out updates. A Chromebook is only good for about 6-8 years then Google stops supporting it. Customers using 3G phones had to upgrade to 4G on AT&T

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Stacigarrison  Thank you for coming back and reporting the result!!

mosstheboss1
Reel Rookie

Re: Wireless network not detected - need assistance

Jump to solution

mosstheboss1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
do not understand
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@mosstheboss1 we don't understand what you're asking. Can you provide some information about your issue?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
teckey

Re: Wireless network not detected - need assistance

Jump to solution

the rokus are junk trashed and got fire stick no problems