Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carolann68

Re: Wireless network not detected - need assistance

Jump to solution

Brand new roku premiere no longer finds my internet⁹

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: FIXES DO NOT WORK PLEASE FIX YOUR ISSUE

Jump to solution

@Carolann68 wrote:

What is b,g,n????

These are short for 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, which are three different protocols used on 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.  Rokus tend to be much happier when all three modes are available, but some ISPs have been quietly sending out firmware updates that turn 802.11b (or just b mode) off.  Or in some cases, turning all of 2.4GHz off.  So users need to go to their router and turn them back on.

It's "nice" (sarcasm) how ISPs just quietly do this without telling their customers.

0 Kudos
hw0445

Jump to solution

I have a smart hisense tv but cant use my mobile hotspot because i now have internet and will not pick up my signal.I havent been able to connect to internet at all.I have a subscription and i pay monthly.It wont  let me  cancel.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@hw0445

Not following your exact problem. What do you have a subscription for that you can't use?

Does your Hisense TV (which I assume is a Roku TV) see any wireless connections, and just doesn't see yours, or does it see nothing? Does anything else see your WiFi? Who is your ISP (cable company, or something else)?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Whitney83
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I changed it to b/g/n the day I posted this and the premier was up and running same day but now my ultra just went out and doing the same thing the premier was. I checked and it's still on b/g/n. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Whitney83 Does your Roku still see your network at all? If not, the channel might have changed to one unsupported by Roku devices. On 2.4 GHz, that would be channels 12, 13 or 14. On 5 GHz you do not want any channel between 49 and 148. On both bands, those channels are not supported by Roku, as they aren't legal to be used in all areas. Since the router is likely set to Auto for channel selection, it might switch to an unsupported channel.

Dan

Whitney83
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes my network is visible. I'm not tech savvy at all so I don't know what you mean by channels. I just followed a step by step on here to change it to b/g/n.

0 Kudos
Whitney83
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I unplugged my roku for about 15 minutes and then restarted it and issue appears to be corrected. Sorry that is normally the first thing I do but it was doing the same thing last time and didn't do anything so I assume that wouldn't help. I'm so dumb to not at least have tried to unplug. Thank you though for your quick response.

atc98092

Jump to solution

Since it was visible, but not connecting correctly, the channel assignment was likely fine. Glad a power reset resolved it for you. Yes, sometimes it's as simple as that, fortunately.

Dan

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Mine has been saying the same thing for about the same amount of time we can do the proceed anyway and everything but Disney and Hulu work just fine and the roku is the only thing having this issue everything else works fine on the internet 

0 Kudos