Manufacturer support & warranty resources

Find Roku TV support and resources for troubleshooting, setup, and repair information. Contact your Roku TV manufacturer for more help or browse our forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ctsd60

TV Picture wont show although I can hear volume

Jump to solution

ROKO TV made by Philips

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TV Picture wont show although I can hear volume

Jump to solution

Hi @Jgabriel,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

For clarification, does the blue screen issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? If all the channels are affected, you can try these troubleshooting steps below:

1. The video cable is not connected properly or the cable is faulty
    • Check that the video cable is firmly connected to the back of your Roku player and to the HDMI or composite connector on the TV. If you have a Roku Streaming Stick, then make sure it is firmly connected to the HDMI connector on your TV.
    • If you can, check to see if you have a faulty cable by connecting your Roku player with a different cable.
  2. There is a problem with the TV
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different input on the TV to see if the problem is with the connector on the TV.
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different television to see if the problem is with your Roku player or the TV.
  3. If all else fails…
    • Disconnect and reconnect all cables including the power cable.

Moreover, if the problem only happens on one channel, removing the app then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.)

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ctsd60,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We'd want to find out more information and see how we can be of assistance. Could you elaborate on this for us? Does the error message exist? Have you attempted any troubleshooting? If so, what failed?

We can help you much more if we have additional information.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
fransa5961

Jump to solution

I found the settings tab went to TV picture settings chose the tab (Brighter) but no change TV screen still dark, I was able to see the screen to a very minium by shining a flash light directly to the screen. Please help.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @fransa5961,

A warm welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

• What Roku device are you using right now? 
  • Is this the first time you set up/activated this Roku TV/device? If NOT, is this the first time you have experienced this issue?
  • Please check if your TV is connected to the correct input/source.
  • What do you see on your screen after turning on your TV and trying to play content?
  • Is the issue happening on all contents/channels or is this isolated to 1 content/channel?

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jgabriel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
  • Audio works but blue screen
  • I just bought the TV yesterday 
  • It came on and then several hrs later it went blue
  • 65 inch
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jgabriel,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

For clarification, does the blue screen issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? If all the channels are affected, you can try these troubleshooting steps below:

1. The video cable is not connected properly or the cable is faulty
    • Check that the video cable is firmly connected to the back of your Roku player and to the HDMI or composite connector on the TV. If you have a Roku Streaming Stick, then make sure it is firmly connected to the HDMI connector on your TV.
    • If you can, check to see if you have a faulty cable by connecting your Roku player with a different cable.
  2. There is a problem with the TV
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different input on the TV to see if the problem is with the connector on the TV.
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different television to see if the problem is with your Roku player or the TV.
  3. If all else fails…
    • Disconnect and reconnect all cables including the power cable.

Moreover, if the problem only happens on one channel, removing the app then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.)

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jgabriel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This tv is fresh out the box. Nothing except what came out the box is connected. It came on initially. I got to the email part and left the area, when I came back the screen was blue. no cables or hdmis are connected.  I can't see past the blue screen. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rhondy_5,

Thank you for letting us know.

Have you already tried checking if the power cord is securely plugged into the power source? How about performing a hard reset on the TV?

Let us know if the issue persists after doing so.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jgabriel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It isn't the cord. I tried resetting with the reset button as well

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jgabriel,

Thanks for the response!

We want to make sure that we can get this resolved as soon as possible, but we need more details. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps that have been provided in the post above?

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos