Manufacturer support & warranty resources

Find Roku TV support and resources for troubleshooting, setup, and repair information. Contact your Roku TV manufacturer for more help or browse our forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Txkat123

Re: Roku Turning TV On Randomly

Jump to solution

I have a Roku box with an old-school TV. I will turn everything off at night, but I will wake up in the middle of the night to find that the Roku box and the blue light has turned back on. I will turn it off and then it comes back on later in the evening again. Why does it keep coming on? My old Roku never did this, nor the other Roku devices I have in my house. It’s just this newer one. And may I say the blue light is quite bright with the lights off. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Is it actually turning the TV on, or are you just seeing the light on the Roku player? They do wake up in the middle of the night to check for updates, but that shouldn't be turning your TV on. See my comment above about One Touch Play if it is actually turning the TV on.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
arie_b_04

Jump to solution

I too I’m having the same problem as of Sept 9 2024. I know I turned my TV off before leaving for work and when I come home is blaring from my bedroom. And for whatever reason, the volume is always at 44. This is my third Roku television and I’ve never experienced this problem before and I bought the TV last fall.

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @arie_b_04,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I understand that your Roku TV volume is always stuck at 44 levels. I'll be glad to assist you with this. I highly suggest you try the following.

Reset your TV audio:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll down and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advance System settings
  5. Under factory reset, Select Reset TV audio/picture settings.

Note: Please make sure not to select the "factory reset everything" option. This selection will delete all of your apps.

System restarts the Roku TV:

1. Press Home  on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

For reference, you can visit our support article: How to system restart your Roku streaming device

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SixtiesGuy

Jump to solution

I always shut my system down by backing all the way out to the Home screen and selecting TV Off when I'm done viewing for the night. The next morning the TV is back on. This happens every morning. It also happens when I've shut the system off using the off button at the top of the Roku remote.

This never happened when I was using the basic, entry-level Roku device, only with my new, supposedly best Roku player.

0 Kudos
Belkatem
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What do I do if I can't get it to stop cycling through the start screen? I've done all the things, reset for 20 seconds, power for 20 seconds, unplugging for several hours, change power outlet... it's still cycling and not responding to the remote at all. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

To perform a factory reset, you have to hold the button a minimum of 30 seconds, not 20. If it continues to restart after a factory reset, then the device has a significant problem and likely cannot be fixed. You didn't say what model player you have, but electronics can fail. Sometimes it takes years, sometimes much faster. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
eddhutch

Jump to solution

Have tried several times by going to home screen after streaming, and tv still turns back on. Very irritating at night when ready for bed. Only stays off if roku unplugged. Should not have to unplug and redo next day!!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.