Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChloeSi

System restart to connect to the network (Still not fixed)

Jump to solution

For months, when I turn on my TV, I have to perform a system restart to connect to my home network. As soon as I do that, it's fine until the next time I turn on the TV. There was a recent thread that said Roku was aware of the issue and it would be fixed in the next update. My TV updated a few days ago, and the issue is not fixed. I tried to post in the original thread, but it seems to be locked. 

When is this going to get fixed? 

Original thread:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Issue-Tracking-Board/Solved-by-future-update-Roku-TV-Network-Connectio...

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: System restart to connect to the network (Still not fixed)

Jump to solution

We appreciate your first post here in the Roku Community, @ChloeSi.

Thanks for letting us know you've experienced the same issue as posted above. Please be aware that the team is still in the process of investigating to determine the cause and finding you the best resolution possible. 

We'd like to include your device in the process of investigation, and would be great if you could provide us with the specifics such as follows:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gothceltgirl
Reel Rookie

Re: Onn Roku tv will not connect to my internet.

Jump to solution

I need to add that though it does connect, it no longer connects automatically. When I turn the TV on, it says "Not connected" & I have to do the Power - Restart manually every single time now to get it to connect. It's odd that it doesn't connect at all without me going through an extra step. I don't know why this would be happening. It's been 3 days in a row now. I would really like it if it didn't make me go through extra steps to get it to work the way that it's supposed to work.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Onn Roku tv will not connect to my internet.

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @gothceltgirl.

We appreciate you letting us know how the solution works for you. In this case, we recommend resetting your network connection to see if there are any differences after.

Here are the steps that you can follow:

• Press Home on your Roku remote
  • Scroll and select Settings
  • Select Advanced System settings
  • Select Network connection reset
  • Select Reset connection

We suggest restarting your Roku device once again after resetting your network connection.

Please keep us posted regarding the behavior you are experiencing, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rteo
Reel Rookie

WiFi stopped working after software update

Jump to solution

Brand new TV 55S451  I started from the box, it found the network and connected to it. After it started the software update, once completed the tv restarted. Now the tv can't find any WiFi network or the Roku Speaker's.

Can someone provide me with the lower software version.

current version is 13.1.4 build 6400-HC  

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: WiFi stopped working after software update

Jump to solution

Hello! @rteo,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us about your Roku TV having issues connecting to your network. We are pleased to assist.

Troubleshooting steps

1. Power cycle the Roku device for 30 seconds
  2. Restart the router
  3. You can perform a Network Connection Reset on your Roku device by going to Settings> Advanced system settings > Network connection reset > Reset connection.
    • Note: Before doing make sure you know your WiFi credentials. 
  4. After the network reset, your Roku device will restart, and you will need to return to the Settings menu to set up your wireless network again.

If the issue persists, you can connect your streaming device to a mobile hotspot as a temporary workaround to ensure it does not have a problem.

For additional troubleshooting steps, please see this article: How to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rteo
Reel Rookie

Re: WiFi stopped working after software update

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply.

I have done all this troubleshooting . I have also been on the call with support and did all kind of troubleshooting I don't understand why is so hard for Roku Support to understand that this issue it's because of the software update . Can you please provide a lower version than the one I have now ?

0 Kudos

Hisense Roku TV not connecting to Wi-Fi

Jump to solution

Hi there I have a Roku Hisense TV that will not connect to the Wi-Fi even after being reset. I reset the Wi-Fi, router/modem and TV as well as reset the network. None of these things worked.

The Hisense model number is 6series-58

The serial number is x035001a6rdy 

The device ID is s139y44a6rdy 

The software version is 13.1.4 •build 6800-HE

The internet service provider is spectrum.

The modem/router is Arris TM1602A

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hisense Roku TV not connecting to Wi-Fi

Jump to solution

Hello! @Discinwillie,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us regarding your Hisense Roku TV's trouble connecting to your Wi-Fi and attempting some troubleshooting steps to resolve it. We are happy to help.

• Is this the first time you have experienced this issue? When did it start?
  • Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?
  • Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

You can connect your streaming device to a mobile hotspot as a temporary workaround to ensure there is no issue with your device. If you still can't connect, we recommend performing a factory reset.

If the issue persists, please provide us with the Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue arise, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

For additional troubleshooting steps, please see this article: How to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hisense Roku TV not connecting to Wi-Fi

Jump to solution
If you have other devices connecting to your network without issue, what WiFi channel number do they report they are using?
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.