Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Phillips ROKU TV won't hold wifi-internet connection

Jump to solution

Hi, @steveinca.

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having trouble connecting your Roku TV to your internet. We'd be happy to help.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Power Cycle your device.
  2. Restart your router.
  3. Rest your network on your Roku TV by going to Settings System Advanced system settings > Network connection reset > Reset connection.
    Note: Before doing make sure you know your WiFi credentials. 
    After the network reset, your Roku device will restart, and you will need to return to the Settings menu to set up your wireless network again.
  4. Connect your Roku TV to your mobile hotspot.
  5. Factory reset your device: Home > Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset > Factory reset everything.

Furthermore, you may also visit this support article on how to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device

Let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hisense Roku TV having issues with network connection

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users,

We appreciate you reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We want to let you know that performing a Factory Reset on your Roku TV may resolve the issue you are experiencing.

Here are the steps:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced System settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. Select Factory reset everything
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions

You may also use the physical button on your Roku TV. It is located on the back or bottom of your device, the physical Reset button is either tactile or a pinhole design that requires a straightened paperclip. It will appear similar to one of the following:

Example of physical reset buttons on a Roku TV or Roku player

Once you locate the Reset button and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the button firmly for about 10 seconds. When the factory reset is complete, an indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices.

After a successful factory reset, your Roku device will restart in the same state as a factory-new device.

Furthermore, you may also visit this support article on how to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device

We hope you'll find this information helpful. Let us know if you still have any questions.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jeremy10

WiFi disconnects everytime I turn it off

Jump to solution

Everytime I turn off my Roku tv and I turn it on. The WiFi immediately disconnects and I have to reconnect it everytime. The WiFi doesn’t disconnect while it’s on, only if i turn it off. I was wondering how I can fix that?

0 Kudos
mmtj1619

Re: Have to reconnect to the internet every time the device powers on

Jump to solution

I have a device where we have to unplug the tv each time it powers off.  I wish we didn’t have to do that.  But once it’s plugged back in it connects back to the internet without having to do anything else.  I would love to not even have to unplug it each time.  Hope this helps 

0 Kudos
SFOWLER

Having to restart roku tv after turning on to connect to wifi

Jump to solution

Seems like I too have similar issues with wifi. It was working fine but about 6 months to maybe a yr now when I turn the TV on I have to go into system settings-power- system restart to get it to reconnect to wifi. Before it got this bad it was about 3 months of just having to research for my network and it would then reconnect. This is a 32 inch Roku Tv. I have had this tv for about 7 yrs. Bought new at time. I have tried the low power mode, quick start mode, wifi booster both in same room and next room, putting tv in straight sight of router with all bedroom doors open, and a new router. Nothing worked. It is getting really sad we pay hundreds of $ to get just 7-10yrs out off. Next time you buy divide that cost by 10 and that's how much you will be paying a yr for it. 

0 Kudos
steveinca
Reel Rookie

Re: Phillips ROKU TV won't hold wifi-internet connection

Jump to solution

Just a follow up. Per an earlier email that I sent, the problem was only corrected by doing a "Factory Reset Everything". This corrected the problem for a few days. Yesterday evening we had a 15-20 minute power outage which of course caused our internet to fail. Since this power/internet outage the original issue has again returned. The TV loses wifi connection whenever the TV is turned off. So it seems I can either do a complete "Factory Reset Everything" each time we have a power or internet glitch or each time I turn on the TV I can go into settings > system > power > system restart in order to get the Roku working. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but at least I have a couple options to actually be able to use the TV. 

0 Kudos
Tjbello2
Reel Rookie

Re: Network connection issues, must do a system restart every time

Jump to solution

I have the same issue as described in this thread,but it just started this week. Any update on a software release date? My TV is Westinghouse 4 years old

RastaCook
Reel Rookie

Re: Network connection issues, must do a system restart every time

Jump to solution

Hi, It's been months now that Roku released this awful patch that causes thousands of customers a huge hassle, doing a force hard restart everytime you want to use your tv is not normal. when will this be patched? @RokuCarly 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Having to restart roku tv after turning on to connect to wifi

Jump to solution

Hello! @SFOWLER,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us about the issue you are having connecting your TV to your home. We're pleased to assist you. 

Troubleshooting steps

1. Power cycle the Roku device for 30 seconds
  2. Restart the router
  3. You can perform a Network Connection Reset on your Roku device by going to Settings> Advanced system settings > Network connection reset > Reset connection.
    • Note: Before doing make sure you know your WiFi credentials. 
  4. After the network reset, your Roku device will restart, and you will need to return to the Settings menu to set up your wireless network again.

You can connect your streaming device to a mobile hotspot as a temporary workaround to prevent an issue from occurring.

For additional troubleshooting steps, please see this article: How to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device.

If the issue persists, we recommend performing a manual factory reset.

Please keep us posted on what you find out. We will happily continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: WiFi disconnects everytime I turn it off

Jump to solution

Hello! @Jeremy10,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us about your issue with your Roku TV disconnecting from your Wi-Fi when it is turned off. We're pleased to assist you. 

Troubleshooting steps

1. Power cycle the Roku device for 30 seconds.
  2. Restart the router.
  3. You can reset your Roku device's network connection by going to Settings > Advanced System Settings > Network connection reset > Reset connection.
    • Note: Before doing so, make sure you know your Wi-Fi credentials. 
  4. After the network reset, your Roku device will restart, and you will need to return to the Settings menu to set up your wireless network again.

You can connect your streaming device to a mobile hotspot as a temporary workaround to prevent an issue from occurring.

For additional troubleshooting steps, please see this article: How to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device.

If the issue persists, we recommend performing a manual factory reset.

Please keep us posted on what you find out. We will happily continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.